Servicing

i picked up my Sportivo last friday night (YAY run.gif) and the dealer told me that the first service (oil and water checks) is now at 5,000km instead of 1,000km.

now i have seen some posts on here from people that have picked up their sportivos in the last week too and they are talking about the 1,000km service....

does anyone know the real km's i have to take my car in... im on 850km atm and dont want to try and squeeze in my car for a service this week.

Cheers

Donna

Edited by 11SXi

just had a look at my owners manual and it has a voucher for a 5,000km service... doesnt mention anything about the 1,000km. i think i might ring my local service department and see what they recommend.

Check your service manual that should have been supplied with the vehicle.

If the detail in there has changed then I guess you cant argue. You can however request that the oil and filter be changed and vehicle be checked at your cost.

Although, if the service manual stipulates a 1000km service, then the dealership needs to honour this and it should be complimentary (except if you request an oil change and they supply oil).

NOTE: (was already typing my reply when the above post was published).

Edited by mick0082

it apppears to be a re-printed book.

there is no 1,00km tear out, but there is a 5,000km one...

im calling around today to see how much a door handle is so ill check it out then too

Nothing wrong with outsourcing to a panel beater, they are the professionals after all, I actually prefer it to Toyota handling it themselves and doing a half @rsed job as they do not deal with body repairs and paint issues. If it is a Warrany job it is also a Zero outlay on your part (Toyota foots the bill) and I'm sure they want it done well first time so they don't want to keep dealing with it. But of course some times things do not go 100% to plan but a majority of cases run smoothly.

What I was suggesting was that if the handle come painted as a spare part then they should just swap over. The panel beater should remove the handle to respray it anyway.

Never seen a job come out of a panel beaters 100% right. Always colour matching, spray quality and overspray issues.

Bottom line, they dont care enough or have too much on to do it properly.

Only ones I've ever seen done right are the ones when the painter does his own car or cars that ppl pay big bikkies to have full resprays done.

Thats my own personal experience...

• 2 years later...
Your 100,000km service is just an oil and filter change basically... Should be around the $250 mark at a Toyota Dealership...

no need to change timing belt?

ZZE Corollas have a timing chain, not a belt, and this doesn't need to be changed

Your 100,000km service is just an oil and filter change basically... Should be around the $250 mark at a Toyota Dealership...

no need to change timing belt?

ZZE Corollas have a timing chain, not a belt, and this doesn't need to be changed

sweet, thanks for the heads up