How to Reset ECU

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate i was just gonna pay my dealer to do the reset for me

coz its due for 30000km service tommorow

they were gonna charge an extra fee for it.

thank *** for u guyz hahaha

saved me a few bux

how much for the 30,000km service and which dealer?

mine cost me under $200

my fuel economy has been an issue too.

when i got my car in the second month it was warrantied and had the fuel pump regulator and line replace. this later turned into a recall do you know if your car was recalled?

ever since though my economy has been bad. recently put in denso iridium spark plugs and this has helped a lot. but next week sending the car back in for them to diagnose again with fuel price climbing i am wanting as much economy as i can get.

denso is the oem but when the old plugs came out they were ngk :blink:

Man you guys serious?? 420kms with 98Octane!? My Stivo with 35,000kms now can easily pull 550-600kms and if i drive sedately i can get 650kms or more, but i usually top up with a minimum of 1/4 tank.. and 140kms with 91Octane now that's really hard to believe, isn't the 1zzfe tuned to run on 91Octane? My mom's 98' model 2.2 Camry runs 91Octane and get 600kms easy. I reckon you guys need some proper servicing to rectify the issue.. :huh:

Edited by ZEEROLLA

On my current tank full (98 Octane) I achieved 200km's from quarter tank driving gently, then (I just can't drive gently!) driving hard the rest of the time I've done 480km's with a quarter tank still remaining.

Man you guys serious??  420kms with 98Octane!?  My Stivo with 35,000kms now can easily pull 550-600kms and if i drive sedately i can get 650kms or more, but i usually top up with a minimum of 1/4 tank..  and 140kms with 91Octane now that's really hard to believe, isn't the 1zzfe tuned to run on 91Octane?  My mom's 98' model 2.2 Camry runs 91Octane and get 600kms easy.  I reckon you guys need some proper servicing to rectify the issue..  :huh:

Yep, but im sure a primary reason for my shocking fuel consumption is the fact that i live in a very congested area in Sydney (upper north shore), and to drive even 4 k's can take 30 mins. The stop start traffic def hurts my petrol consumption and i know that when i went on a cruze like 4 weeks ago and did about 150 k's (using 1/4 of a tank)

Just out of curiousity has anyone noticed any benefits by doing the ECU reset? And what happens if you have an aftermarket Unichip or piggy back chip, and Toyota does this ECU reset to your car. Does it mean you need to retune the Unichip etc?

Man, my car feels lame afterall this grandpa style driving for the last 3 months. I need to floor it again later to teach the ECU some lesson.

Just make sure that the exhaust stays on your car this time. :lol:

Hahaha, yeah i will make sure of that this time man. When this car is finally has its deserved suspension, i will visit ya shop.

Just out of curiousity has anyone noticed any benefits by doing the ECU reset?  And what happens if you have an aftermarket Unichip or piggy back chip, and Toyota does this ECU reset to your car.  Does it mean you need to retune the Unichip etc?

Zee i dont think that it would impact the piggy back chips much as it helps the stock ECU, i would be thinking in the order of 1-2kw at the most

Just out of curiousity has anyone noticed any benefits by doing the ECU reset?  And what happens if you have an aftermarket Unichip or piggy back chip, and Toyota does this ECU reset to your car.  Does it mean you need to retune the Unichip etc?

Zee i dont think that it would impact the piggy back chips much as it helps the stock ECU, i would be thinking in the order of 1-2kw at the most

Northy i also came across an old thread the other day on resetting the ECU and someone mentioned that the ECUs in newer cars nowadays are self learning, not like the old days when it was necessary to do it every now and again at each service.

I also noticed with my Stivo its performance picks up noticeably after i drive it hard for a couple of minutes. It kind of proves to me the ECU adjusts to your driving style and if you are flooring it, initially it may feel weak but after a minute or two of hard driving you will feel the car becoming stronger. Why i say this is also because when we run our cars on the dyno, the 2nd run is usually the better run and produces more power.

Z

Edited by ZEEROLLA

my fuel economy has been an issue too.

when i got my car in the second month it was warrantied and had the fuel pump regulator and line replace. this later turned into a recall do you know if your car was recalled?

ever since though my economy has been bad. recently put in denso iridium spark plugs and this has helped a lot. but next week sending the car back in for them to diagnose again with fuel price climbing i am wanting as much economy as i can get.

denso is the oem but when the old plugs came out they were ngk  :blink:

.....while your at it, check your fuel filter dude.