cheers guys

ok guys im going in for my 10 000km service on monday

just wondering how much roughly is everybody paying for there service

also if i provide my own oil

no need for new filter due to CAI

and things like that

does that actually make the service cheaper or not

cheers guys

just done it today at Noble Toyota, 201 bucks thanks!!

when i do my services if i supply oil and due to also having a CAI not needing a filter has made the service cheaper ..... I can remember what my 10K cost me though sorry dude..... oh n dont think its a huge savings might be something between $30 & $50 cheaper from memory

breakdown of my bill:

labour: 101.25

oil filter: 18.36

sump plug washer: 1.8

enviromental levy: 5.94

workshop supplies: 16.14

engine oil Super S 10w40: 39.75

total 183.24

GST 18.32

Grand Total 201.55

Edited by Dennis_ZZE122

hmm yeah i wasnt expecting any big savings but i wanna use the full synthetic they only use semi so its notgood to be going back and forth ever 5000km i may aswell just provide my own oil

dunno where you go, but if they lose something, they pay for it... sorry!!!

mine was done 14/01/04 so 1 year 9 months ago

service - 102.20

washer fluid - 0.68

gasket oil drain - 1.37

oil filter - 18.22

fuel conditioner - 7.00

engine oil - 26.83

Warranty items

overflow bottle cap - leaking - no charge

radiator cap replaced - no charge

Misc

Environmental Levy - 2.85

Shop Supplies - 7.00

rounding - (0.02)

GST - 16.62

TOTAL - 182.75

no crap how the hell can the oil cap go missing? i cbf arguing with them cos i was waiting for 1.5 hrs for my car they promised would be ready! they couldnt get around to doing the warranty stuff = (

i just sent it back to get my brakes checked

man in reverse they make a reallllyy high loud pitch squeal!! like its soo loud hey! they couldnt find anything wrong with it so they couldnt fix it :( they ordered a new sideskirt mounting thing cos its falling off! lol gear selector cable fix, and the metal bar thats holding up the bonnet just comes out? bloddy hell south african built car :(

they gave me the oil sump plug for free i think ill see if i can grab the invoice, if i still have it!

ok found it

20000 KM as follwos

Recall Engine ECU = Free

Job 2 20000 KM

Flushed engine oil and replaced filter - $45

Oil Filter - $18.60

GSKT ( Oil Pa - no idea what this is, just says on invoice )- $2.31

0888800001EP ( Also no idea ) - $1.85

Fuel Treatment - $13.64

Eng Flush $ 13.64

Friction Proof $ 13.64

Cap Assy Oil - What they friggin lost!! - $ 24.34

Grand total of $146.32 inc GST

Ohh btw

i got the original car mats for $93 bucks! i thought that was hell cheap

and they quoted the stivo pedal set for $110 if anyone's interested.

Edited by vitagen

Ohh btw

and they quoted the stivo pedal set for $110 if anyone's interested.

Bloody hell! those pedals are at a good price over there in the west!

i got quoted from a couple dealers here in melbourne! one was $150+ ex GST... and the other was $136 Inc GST....

I ended up paying $122...Trade price....Free fitting cos the service manager is a friend of mine....

in regards to service cost....very interesting figures....sounds very promising....My last car "2000 Holden Vectra" destroyed my bank balance after every service! looking back over my service reciepts...it averaged out to be $250+ each service! and thats not including the major services! also...after the 3 years warranty was up...the parts cost and labour...Phwaoor! lets just say the last 2 years owning that car was a nightmare!

WTF!!! I payed like $60 for mine...

Here's my 10K service...

Service Labour $68.40

Inspect All Drive Belts

Replace Engine Oil

Replace Oil Filter

Inspect Battery Levels & Electrodes

Inspect parking Brake Lining & Drums

Inspect Brake Pads & Discs

Inspect Brake Fluid

Inspect Clutch Fluid

Inspect Power Steering Fluid

Inspect Drive Shaft Boots

Inspect Tyres & Inflation Pressure

Inspect Lights, Horn, Wipers, Washers

Road Test Vehicle

ENGINE OIL $29.20

Shop Supplies $12.50

Environment/Recycling $5.95

Oil Filter MVP $16.80

Gasket (Oil Pan) $1.26

(IRR) W/Screen Wash $0.63

Privelige Discount -$7.52 (This is because they are part of the chain where I bought the car)

Privelige Discount -$2.06 (This is because they are part of the chain where I bought the car)

Cash Rounding $0.02

TOTAL $137.70

My 20K Service was $168 plus $25 for wheel rotation & handbrake adjustment from the same dealer.

This was Lexus of Indooroopilly in Brisbane. Also, because I bought my car through this dealership chain, I get a free courtesy car without having to book 3 months in advance, and free chocolates upon pickup. (You Brissy boys know what I mean).

Shop around !!!!!!

My car has never gone to a mechanic to get "serviced"

i do the oil every 5000km, and with every "major" service required.... an upgrade has happened...

e.g. Brakes, Thermostat (coolant, radiator cap), clutch/flywheel.

as far as the "inspection" of things that they do... mmm... i don't trust any of them... coz i believe i can see just a good as them...

pffft... "inspect" the last time my sisters car got the "inspection" done they even failed put the wheel lugs back on properly....

Cost of self service:

Labour: $0

Oil: $45

Oil filter: $3

Carwash and wax: $0

Visually Inspect:

All rubber mounts/seals

Wheels

Engine (mounts, belt, alternator)

Battery

Brake (pad&fluid)

power steering fluid

Coolant

Wiper Fluid

Headunit/Sound system

mmm... gee i loose track of what i look at... :D

car is smooth as and have not given me any problems ANYWHERE!! :D

• Like 1

i do the oil every 5000km, and with every "major" service required.... an upgrade has happened...

well thats all well and good for you.. however most people buy new cars for the warranty it comes with..

I was under the understanding that a car MUST be serviced by a licensed mechanic to retain warranty.. (not necessarily toyota but any registered mechanic)

that is true, but if you're into mods, warranty doesn't play much in the picture! :)

besides, what warranty claims do you want?

read the fine lines, as lots of the parts that you muck around with aren't covered by warranty anyway... and anything major... well... that's why you pay for insurance! :D

i've got the 5yr extended warranty from toyota, but they didn't cover for my boiled brake fluid after i cooked my brakes at morgan park.

This is true, your 3 year factory warranty is not jeapordised so long as the services are done at a qualified mechanic who can stamp your book. However the extended warranty is void as soon as someone other than Toyota touch your car.

I pay $60 - $90 for a service at our family mechanic. Toyota used to charge me around $300 claiming I needed an injector overhaul every friggin service, this is absolute crap, all they do is throw one of those stupid injector cleaner blocks in the tank and charge you $100 extra for it. The dealers have to somehow recover the cost of giving you an extended warranty, this is how they do it. My theory is if my car aint broke within the first three years, it aint going to break.

well thats all well and good for you.. however most people buy new cars for the warranty it comes with..

I was under the understanding that a car MUST be serviced by a licensed mechanic to retain warranty.. (not necessarily toyota but any registered mechanic)

Edited by Blade Hunter

You can actually NOT service your car and still maintain warranty. The voiding of the warranty happens when something happens as a neglect.

e.g. Brakes, Thermostat (coolant, radiator cap), clutch/flywheel.

as far as the "inspection" of things that they do... mmm... i don't trust any of them... coz i believe i can see just a good as them...

pffft... "inspect" the last time my sisters car got the "inspection" done they even failed put the wheel lugs back on properly....

Cost of self service:

Labour: $0

Oil: $45

Oil filter: $3

Carwash and wax: $0

Visually Inspect:

All rubber mounts/seals

Wheels

Engine (mounts, belt, alternator)

Battery

Brake (pad&fluid)

power steering fluid

Coolant

Wiper Fluid

Headunit/Sound system

mmm... gee i loose track of what i look at... :D

car is smooth as and have not given me any problems ANYWHERE!! :D

I agree with Pippy...DIY is the best way...saves you heaps of money.

I do my service every 10K with my cousin (His got all the tools) and it just cost me

the Oil ($50) Oil Filter ($5) and sometimes shout my cousin with Maccas ($6)!!!

That's it!!!

And we do a through check around, underneath the car too. So bottom line is DIY is the best to go.

Servicing it through a mechanic is a waste of time and money!!! For a simple service...

PEACE

and you also lose your much needed warranty for free parts when something goes wrong maybe even a gearbox bets that expensive (for some people, not everyone gets problems)

and you also lose your much needed warranty for free parts when something goes wrong maybe even a gearbox bets that expensive

i think the parts aren't really free... the time they screw you around to get something fixed is kinda stupid!!

and in the case of a screwed gearbox.... 2 things i have to say to that...

1) bloody learn to drive and be nice to your car. i.e. not just driving hard.

2) a screwed gearbox? YAY!! Time for NEW RATIOS!! :D

anything that blows.... gets an upgrade!! :D

Your also required to meet Toyota specs in terms of parts ... e.g. Toyota might play difficult if you're claiming an engine problem and they see an el-cheapo oil filter there.

... and anything major... well... that's why you pay for insurance! :D

I'm not sure how insurance is going to help you, unless you can tell when your motor is about the blow and suddenly have a timely head-on with a tree! :D

The dealers have to somehow recover the cost of giving you an extended warranty, this is how they do it.

What's to recover, unless you've been lucky enough to pick up a free extended warranty with your purchase ... the rest of us have to pay $1000 or more for the privilege! :P

I agree with Pippy...DIY is the best way...saves you heaps of money.

That's excellent if you know what you're doing ... I'm mechanically inept, so its likely to be cheaper for me to let an expert do it. :P

and in the case of a screwed gearbox.... 2 things i have to say to that...

1) bloody learn to drive and be nice to your car. i.e. not just driving hard.

On my last car (98 Starlet) I actually had the gearbox fail due to a faulty 4-5 gearchange (I don't know the mechanics of it, except that it locked the gearbox in 4th) ... as I said to friends and relatives at the time, there's no way that was due to me! :lol:

See, I have an answer for everything! B)