Remus Exhaust

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remus is a good exhaust with good sound But i think its a bit pricey for what you get, considering its not catback as well.

the stock sportivo system is pretty good, the most gains that you are going to see will be from the rear muffler. So if thats all you are going to change i would expect to see gains, remus seem to be one of the better off the shelf parts, only downside that i have seen is that they are not cheap.

Yay! :D

Benefits:

-It's a perfect fit, fits to existing mounting points and is a simple bolt off - bolt on job. It's fully ADR compliant so you'll never have any problems.

-It's looks great - especially the 2zz-ge one that has twin round tips instead of the twin squares I have for the 1zz-fe.

-It sounds good. It gives a nice throaty note but isn't loud and doesn't drone. It has a tendancy to get louder as it breaks in (Warms up), It sounds especially good after a long free-way run. It also gives the occassion pop and crackle when downshifting.

-Most importantly it feels to have given the car a bit more torque in low-mid range ( What it'll do to a 2zz-ge I can't tell you ) it also seems to do what it's supposed to because when I installed it the intake was immediately louder (meaning the engine is breathing better)

Disadvantages:

-It's f*@ken expensive at $850 for a flanged rear muffler! for a bit more you can get a full stainless system or the same price a full steel system elsewhere.

-If you want a loud look at me exhaust, it's not for you because it just isn't loud. The Melbourne boys and girls will attest to this hearing my car on the Dyno recently. You'll hear it more from in the car than outside.

Thanks... I plan on getting it as an improvement on the crappy xforce cannon.... Noise I'm not to worried, Cannon= All Noise no Gain... One advantage it wakes the street up sets off alarms etc

Thanks

we will know soon if the x-force provides gains...

i pulled 110.6 with it on..

going back soon with stock muff

Unfortunately I never did a before and after dyno with my Remus so I really can't tell you what the actual gain was, I can only give you a seat of the pants impression. :rolleyes:

With that said though, my brother had a 1990 2.0 Prelude a few years back to which a Remus was fitted and that too felt like it had more go after installation.

It's made in Hitlerland, so that justified the price. Achtung!!!! :D

No need for racial calls mate...that is the sort of crap i would expect from a 13 year old.

Now Now :) Just stick a mintos in your mouth :D some might have a sense of humour, I noticed lately youre very "Politically Correct" so just get over yourself, theres too many stuck up people i have to deal with everyday, dont need another one one the forum, just lighten up mate.

No need for racial calls mate...that is the sort of crap i would expect from a 13 year old.

calm down mate..

everyone knows he was joking..

in fact i didnt actually see anything there that was even slightly racial..

take a chill pill.. and come join the rest of us, down here

Now Now :) Just stick a mintos in your mouth :D some might have a sense of humour, I noticed lately youre very "Politically Correct" so just get over yourself, theres too many stuck up people i have to deal with everyday, dont need another one one the forum, just lighten up mate.

<_< Sorry mate, but i don't agree, half of you guys would pounce on anyone if they started referring to Eastern countries as Riceland or something of the sort (I remember a few months ago when there was an argument with someone who was ripping on i think it was shao, or wei weis english usage in posts after they had taken a stab at another user for punctuation deficiencies).

It was the insinuation and ignorance that annoyed me Lucio, it did not really personally offend me. I have a sense of humour, but that was lame at best. Also remember, not everyone here is of an Australian or Asian culture.

And the reason for my political correctness is to avoid the hypocracy some of you guys have. You make left field comments when it is suited to you and rag on someone if they do it to someone you support or yourself. I will try and avoid this by keeping my comments ethically consistent.

Cheers

rice... land .... ? :blink: common mintos u can do better then that =D

something more like fob.... or ting tong teng... would get me grinning a little =D

riceland just makes me... crave for more rice mmmmmmmm............

fluffy hot... steamy.... white.... rice.... with ...... bok choi covered in soy sauce (side dish)...... fresh seaweed with sesami seed dressing..... (side dish) crispy fried fish

asian set combo1 =D

lets not forget the soysauce+chilli dipping sauce

or

the pepper + lemon juice dipping sauce

(agreed with mintos =D lets not get too carried away with our words */em bows head in shame* ; ; i got carried away.)

rice... land .... ?    :blink:  common mintos u can do better then that =D

something more like fob.... or ting tong teng... would get me grinning a little =D

riceland just makes me... crave for more rice mmmmmmmm............

fluffy hot... steamy.... white.... rice.... with ...... bok choi covered in soy sauce (side dish)...... fresh seaweed with sesami seed dressing..... (side dish) crispy fried fish

asian set combo1 =D

lets not forget the soysauce+chilli dipping sauce

or

the pepper + lemon juice dipping sauce

(agreed with mintos =D lets not get too carried away with our words */em bows head in shame* ; ; i got carried away.)

LMAOOO!!! You've made me hungry man... :angry: Let's go eat tonight :P

• 2 months later...

I Got the remus... mine you what a buy... certainly worth the money... Much quieter than the cannon I had previously, but not taking away the sound completely. It also has a better pick up in the early to mid range.

Very Happy... I highley recommend it!!!