TRD induction queries

04ZZA

Hey all I had a search around for info on the TRD induction, im just wondering if anyone has pics (for the ZZE123 sportivo).

I just want to have a look see at it, as i have never seen it before and wonder how it is constructed? Does it incorporate the factory airbox? I think my insurance company is pretty tight so i dont think i want do anything with the induction unless can make it effcient and still incorporate the factory air box? any suggestions?

Should I source another factory airbox and enlarge the induction hole add a K&N Filter and get a custom made induction pipe? thanks all

dz

Did you try a search for TRD CAI ?

About half the users in all states here have one or the similar Injen and AEM set ups, have a look through the garage.

It's a complete replacement for the existing air intake.

You can always remove the resonator from the left guard, get rid of the factory pathetic induction piping and now run sum 2"....2.5" piping down from the factory air box and down to the guard and front bar!!!! You now should change to a K&N pannel filter.....You now stay leagal and still have cold air induction!!!!!! This idea was told to me by a few guys that are using a sportivo motor in a hill-climb cars they are racing drivers and mechanics/ engineers!!!!They said its not worth wasting money on the TRD or others due to the fact if anything their larger diametre piping and Pod filter gets allot of air in but becuase of the length and diametre it now lacks in the pressure that helps draw the air in...where in keeping ur factory air box and increasing the size of the induction piping and running it down to the where the factory resonator is you now have got the perfect amount of cold air, piping size and length and box pressure!!!!

Dont ask me but this is wat i was told by these guys and they are getting 250....300HP out of N/A 4AGE 4cyl motors!!!!!!!

I just thought i would add this idea for the people who want to stay leagal with their induction mods and do it on a POV MOD budget!!!!!

You can get the piping from bunnings warehouse or any plumbing store and u just need a mate to help u re-allign ur front bar cos u have to drop it to get to the resonator!!!!! HAVE FUN DOING IT TOO!!!!!

well apparently from what these guys have dun they reakon that it is the best for a street car to stay leagal and is just as good if not better in the way that our motors perform maybe it wouldnt be as good for other cars but im just goin off wat they have told me!!

oh sorry bro we should explain in Australia it is actually a defect to have an air filter such as a "pod"style that is "un-boxed" due to the fact that it produces excessive engine or "induction noise" and creates more emissions in their eyes!!! It can result in a fine$180 and depending on how much of a ****** the cop is u may lose 2points off ur licence!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Also due to these laws shops have to warn buyers of certain products that they can not be held liable for any action against their customer fitting the product purchased E.G: Altezza stlye taillights, exhaust systems, neon lights under-car,nitrous oxide etc.......It sucks nuts hey bro great country crap laws when it comes to cars but very soon even next year there has been talk of u not being able to modify certain aspects of ur car like air filter and exhausts!!!!! :angry::angry:

Edited by "RuNx"

CAI is Legal. Infact, pod is legal. Rules says u either have pods or intercooler, but not both.

When u got busted by cops, show them the C.A.R.B plate, should be on trd, injen and aem, tell them this thing pass Californian emission rules, the strictest in the world, show them u know what u're talking about. I know I did.

thanks guys will be chatting to my insurance today regarding the induction. Im not keen on paying out the ***** for the TRD one. Does anyone know of a place in Brisbane who sells a copy or makes them? or has anyone had experience with other brands (sold out of brisbane?).

thanks

daz

Did you speak to Craig Darren?

And there is no C.A.R.B plate on a TuRD intake. And the pod legalities differ from state to state.

Edited by rollamods

Did you speak to Craig Darren?

And there is no C.A.R.B plate on a TuRD intake.  And the pod legalities differ from state to state.

not just yet as I was hoping there would be a premade option :) Im currently on the phone to my insurance. :)

CAI is Legal. Infact, pod is legal. Rules says u either have pods or intercooler, but not both.

When u got busted by cops, show them the C.A.R.B plate, should be on trd, injen and aem, tell them this thing pass Californian emission rules, the strictest in the world, show them u know what u're talking about. I know I did.

hey i got an aussie made CAI

they dont have a number like that on mine

so what could i tell the police to relate it to the CAI emissions testing to prove that they are passable

also unboxed air pods are legal they just have to be held firm with a bracket so that way they dont move around in your engine bay

I'll state it again... Pod legality varies from state to state. Check with your local authorities.

Daz, you could do the cold air feed to the stock airbox to free up a little power like we did with Marks before he got the CAI. Exactly the same thing i did with my old 20V and GZE too.

post-148-1132723562_thumb.jpg

I'll state it again...  Pod legality varies from state to state.  Check with your local authorities.

Daz,  you could do the cold air feed to the stock airbox to free up a little power like we did with Marks before he got the CAI.  Exactly the same thing i did with my old 20V and GZE too.

Yeah I think that what im stuck doing :) and keep the original piping in the boot incase of crash :P sucks though as I wanted the 2ZZGE growl to be louder!

i think unless its done properly it wont be as affective as the CAI

i know that the standard box isnt that great for air flow also they have a little plate inside the box that opens when in lift, you want somehting thats 100% open t all times not just MOST the time

i WAS going to get a HSV or FPV box installed, AIR RAM it and K&N filter

i was also gonna relocate the battery to the boot

but it turned out to be too expensive, but personally i reckon i would have got BIGGER results from that then the CAI but oh well.

Too late now ahaha