TRD Cold air intake

Gascan

I just installed my TRD cold air intake w/ TRD filter (which i'll change to K&N soon)

Just want to ask a few simple questions.

When you start the car does your POD start making hissing noises even though its only idling?

Does the CAI affect your idling increasing and decreasing ?

When you first installed your CAI did it affect your throttle response in 1st gear (slower)?

I didn't use all the hoses and in terms of blocking the holes i used the old vacuum hose on the intake and also on the throttle body. Pic attached

Any help would be appreciated. I think everything is ok but just want to make sure as i've never installed one before.

Thanks.

post-1068-1133049235_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gascan

you need to block off that tube that you have plumbed back into the intake, all those symptoms appart from the slower throttle response are normal.

why block it off?

you need to block off that tube that you have plumbed back into the intake, all those symptoms appart from the slower throttle response are normal.

So block the one at throttle body and on the intake, that should be easy.

So block the one at throttle body and on the intake, that should be easy.

yep

guys i tried to install mine today facelift.

and it doesnt look like it will even fit

so i put everything back to stock and il have to get toyota to do it

bangn installed mine yesterday, didn't use any of the supplied brackets but it still sits pretty firmly in place, had to remove the foglight but will purchase a k&n filter tomorrow as the trd one is way too big although it makes a mad sound

ok driving my gf home, its ****** down raining and im doin 110 on the princes hwy...

i dont have a CAI (yet) but im thinking: will the rain water get far enough up the pipe to cause trouble? especially considering ur pushing the car quite hard and therfore its sucking more air..

this also interests me as some 05model stivo's have removed their foggies allowing for DIRECT air impact.. have u guys covered em up or re-routed the pipe or wat???

i do realise this has been mentioned b4, but what im wondering is- will the speed at which ur driving in the wet effect ur CAI then if ur jst cruising at 70 or 80..

cheers!

EDIT: (apologies for the off topic question :blink: )

Edited by Daz

I drove home from the Meet from Villawood to Wollongong down the Princes Highway with is P!ssing down the whole way. No problems what so ever... It's a good idea to make sure the foglight is in place when it rains though as it provides protection for the pod from splashing water, esp from the car in front.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...cold+air+intake

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...cold+air+intake

Guys please try and use the search button as this topic has been covered before witht the above threads being posted in in the last week or so. :( :( <_<