suspension combo

specialized32

hey guys will getting king spring lows for the stivo this week but i would like to upgrade the shocks as well so what goes best with kings kyb,koni? also is there anything better than kings that get the same result and at the same price i heard tein or eibach are good but alot of $$$ just for springs (not as low too apparently)

this setup will be for the stock rims for now but i will be getting 18's later down the track.

let me slip in betweent koni + eibach and coilovers..

bilstein + eibach = even better

:)

are you gonna take this to the track?

if its for sure not sure how extreme ur gonna need to go ... however u do notice the better comfort with shocks or c/o's

well i like my corners :D but i havent had experience with coilovers yet and the cheapest set i have seen is like 2k which is a tad pricy for me

My friend if I were you which I will be doing shortly anyways is get the best, even if you have to wait that little bit longer to save the money, go for Cusco zero 1's or 2's (coilovers) oh what the heck go the whole hog

and even get TRD front and rear strut bars ;)

As I wise man once said "build it right the first time and you will never have to build it again"

All fitted will cost you about $3600 something.

Good luck B)

zero2 coilovers will cost 2.6kish and the cusco front strut will cost ya 250ish..

cusco havent release rear strut and sway bars yet..

well i like my corners :D but i havent had experience with coilovers yet and the cheapest set i have seen is like 2k which is a tad pricy for me

why not try used coilies..

koni and eibach will do for daily :)

been trying to source 2nd hand coilovers which is beginning to be challnge might just settle for the koni+king combo which is not too bad..... is it?

Pippy got liek 5 sets of 2nd hand coilovers for aroudn $1.2k a set

been trying to source 2nd hand coilovers which is beginning to be challnge might just settle for the koni+king combo which is not too bad..... is it?

Pippy got liek 5 sets of 2nd hand coilovers for aroudn $1.2k a set

Yeah of which he probably picked up for $100 a set in Thailand...nice way to turn a profit Pippy... :lol:

For less than or approx. $2000 you can also get the suspension kit from Whiteline including options for the ZZE122/123. You can option it up with a front 24mm swaybar, front strut bar and polyurethane D bushes. The kit consists of rear 22mm sway bar, control springs (35mm lower), Koni Yellow adjustable shocks, camber bolts. All these with a good wheel allignment and 1.5degrees -ve camber in the front wheels will make the car a much better handler for street or occassional track use. You can purchase these parts seperately and do one at a time but do factor in labour costs.

Then if you want to spend more go with Coilovers + all the bars + proper wheel allignment.

Also don't forget tyres. They are very important if you want to compliment the suspension.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

For less than or approx. $2000 you can also get the suspension kit from Whiteline including options for the ZZE122/123. You can option it up with a front 24mm swaybar, front strut bar and polyurethane D bushes. The kit consists of rear 22mm sway bar, control springs (35mm lower), Koni Yellow adjustable shocks, camber bolts. All these with a good wheel allignment and 1.5degrees -ve camber in the front wheels will make the car a much better handler for street or occassional track use. You can purchase these parts seperately and do one at a time but do factor in labour costs.

Then if you want to spend more go with Coilovers + all the bars + proper wheel allignment.

Also don't forget tyres. They are very important if you want to compliment the suspension.

Hi ZEEROLLA,

The whiteline package sounds good. I contacted them directly a few weeks ago and their response was they didn't have a package suspension kit for ZZE122/123. :blink::blink::blink:

Can you let me know who you contacted for that infromation re whiteline suspension package???

Thanks

Yeah, because with -1.5 degrees of camber you'll be wearing your tyres out really quick!

no i think when u lower ur car it alters the camber angle i.e. makes the angle more severe and the negative camber is put there to balance that out .. i think maybe 1degree not 1.5 .. so he is splayed about half a degree more there abouts.

Check out this link, i enquired abt the parts last year.

Suspensionparts.info Whiteline

As to camber i think -1.5 degrees will wear out the inside a little quicker. The handling improvement is GREAT though (tested it last night through the national park), the tyres don't even squeal when pushed HARD through tight hairpins. If worried about tyre wear set it at -1 (Whiteline recommends -1 as a "Touring" setup and -1.5 as a "Sport" setup).

I also have an Excel spreadsheet on the kit but don't know how to post it here. But i think the link above should suffice.

Z

Edited by ZEEROLLA

As to camber i think -1.5 degrees will wear out the inside a little quicker. The handling improvement is GREAT though (tested it last night through the national park), the tyres don't even squeal when pushed HARD through tight hairpins. If worried about tyre wear set it at -1 (Whiteline recommends -1 as a "Touring" setup and -1.5 as a "Sport" setup).

I also have an Excel spreadsheet on the kit but don't know how to post it here. But i think the link above should suffice.

Z

Hehe Zee ive seen ur posts with the whiteline dudes in another forum...

where did u get urs all fitted>

Z

I went to 2 diff places to have stuff fitted cuz i did them in 2 steps. I got Pedders to fit some earlier this year and the shocks were fitted yesterday at Figtree tyres. More economical to get them all done the same time ;)

Z

I went to 2 diff places to have stuff fitted cuz i did them in 2 steps. I got Pedders to fit some earlier this year and the shocks were fitted yesterday at Figtree tyres. More economical to get them all done the same time ;)

not saying if u're wrong or anything but if u look at it another way, it's not the best way to learn wat each part does. that's if u're new to all this, but even then different car react differently to the same parts.

I've PMed you, and also have a look in the for sale section, because i have posted both coilovers and my koni setup for weeks now! :)