Few questions about piggy back ECU's / replacement ECU's

Before you start screaming 'USE THE **** SEARCH FUNCTION' first read on ...

This might be a completely idiotic question but i do have to ask.

When installing an aftermarket ECU like the Dastek (piggyback) or the S-AFC2Power FC (replacement) what happens to your electronic driving asistence? Like Traction control, ABS, VSC and airbags? Do they still work ?

I imagine that with a piggyback there is ofcourse no problem because the ECU is still there but what with the replacements like the S-AFC2Power FC ?

And while I'm at it another enginemod question:

Is it usefull to install the hondata intake manifold heat shield without performing the coolant bypass? It seems to be a bit strange to insulate something that gets heated anyway ... I'm asking this because i'm not to eager to bypass the coolant since we here have several months where temps stay well below 10°C and pretty regular dips below 0. Or is that no argument ? why does it need heating? Could use some help makking up my mind :)

Edit = S AFCII ==> Power FC

Edited by Orbit

safc isnt a replacement its piggyback as well! so it wont affect your brakes etc

100% correct, I actualy ment the Power FC from Apexi. The S-AFCII seems to me to be inferior to the Dastek Unichip.

The Apexi S-AFC II which 'pippy' has is a air fuel controller, and it allows u to alter the air : fuel ratios pretty much, and it also allows u to monitor a few things such as rpm , engine knock , intake manifold pressure , air flow capacity n blah blah blah

The Apexi S-AFC II which 'pippy' has is a air fuel controller, and it allows u to alter the air : fuel ratios pretty much, and it also allows u to monitor a few things such as rpm , engine knock , intake manifold pressure , air flow capacity n blah blah blah

we all know he only bought it for the looks. :P :lol:

Before you start screaming 'USE THE **** SEARCH FUNCTION' first read on ...

This might be a completely idiotic question but i do have to ask.

When installing an aftermarket ECU like the Dastek (piggyback) or the S-AFC2 (replacement) what happens to your electronic driving asistence? Like Traction control, ABS, VSC and airbags? Do they still work ?

I imagine that with a piggyback there is ofcourse no problem because the ECU is still there but what with the replacements like the S-AFC2 ?

And while I'm at it another enginemod question:

Is it usefull to install the hondata intake manifold heat shield without performing the coolant bypass? It seems to be a bit strange to insulate something that gets heated anyway ... I'm asking this because i'm not to eager to bypass the coolant since we here have several months where temps stay well below 10°C and pretty regular dips below 0. Or is that no argument ? why does it need heating? Could use some help makking up my mind :)

there is no point in getting the hondata intake thing, and the Apexera Power FC does not effect any of the ABS or airbag stuff, i have one so i can tell you first hand that the ABS works fine.

So ok, the bypass mod is not the way to go for me, cewl :) One less thing to break my mind over :)

And the power FC not influencing the Airbags and ABS seems pretty logical but i'm more concerned about the Traction control and the Vehicle Stability System (VSC). Considering there working (especialy the TC) i'm pretty shure those are controled by the ECU itself. So i would lose those?? I don't even know if you aussies have the Traction control and VSC on your sportivo's !

Please enlighten me :)