20,000K Service

I had my car serviced today for its 20,000 kms and it cost $200. The service for the 10,000 kms was $237.

To make it more strange this time I asked for fully synthetic and the put Mobil 1 5w 40 where as before it was semi-synthetic.

I wish there was a standard price and there would be some regulations put into place. There are too many differences between dealers and more than often its the location of the dealership that is the most influential in the decision making process not the price. Sux :(

I had my car serviced today for its 20,000 kms and it cost $200. The service for the 10,000 kms was $237.

To make it more strange this time I asked for fully synthetic and the put Mobil 1 5w 40 where as before it was semi-synthetic.

I wish there was a standard price and there would be some regulations put into place. There are too many differences between dealers and more than often its the location of the dealership that is the most influential in the decision making process not the price. Sux :(

There there... some price differences between dealers for the same km service is staggering. My 20,000km was $270ish whereas my 30,000km was $185 :)

I remember my 10,000km was $180. The dealers in the whoop whoop areas i find more cheap :D

lucio try going to werribee service centre because you live nearby =D they are cheap... big_bum knows why :lol:

if you want savings and the complimentary coffee and biscuit =D you even get free food if you are there to watch the service -_- (big_bum dragged me along ; ; he pistol wiped me with his nun chuckx)

Edited by Mello

My 10K was free and just had my 20k $250 plus $45 for a wheel alignment (i asked for the alignment)

plus they threw in some free scratches on the bottom of my front bumper.. YAY! :angry:

oh and in the report they listed that they cleaned my air filter... hmmm no toyota filter... when i enquired they said they cleaned the pod the best they could.. my reply

"surely a pod thats been in the car for 12 hours cant be that dirty" :P

I paid about the same for my 20k service and I just found out after driving a further 2.5k that they didn't clip the airbox back in place so my engine's been sucking in some unfiltered air lately. :angry: I guess they really wanted me to get that fuel injection clean...

I have to make an effort to do a visual check under the bonnet after each service...

Geez. $200 for 10000k service???!

You seriously got shafted.

I rang a few dealers and the cheapest was $150 from Lexus, followed by $155 from Toyota near my place.

Initially, I was booked in for a service with the dealer where I bought my car but I canceled the service after finding out $188 is way too much for 10000km service.

now that we're takling abt service.. this K-mart service flyer says "Services carried out ... ensuring reliability and manufacturer's warranty".. does Toyota 'recognize' K-mart's work? just wondering coz it'll be a good alternative as they're everywhere, costs less, and lets u choose any engine oil :D

now that we're takling abt service.. this K-mart service flyer says "Services carried out ... ensuring reliability and manufacturer's warranty".. does Toyota 'recognize' K-mart's work? just wondering coz it'll be a good alternative as they're everywhere, costs less, and lets u choose any engine oil :D

As long as the work is carried out by a qualified mechanic, and the bits used match or exceed Toyota's or Australian Standards' requirements, then legally your warranty is secure.

Doesn't stop a recalcitrant dealer from trying to find an excuse not to cover something, though!

I asked my dealership this same question just out of interest (never plan on taking my car elsewhere though) and they said pretty muc hwhat Buddha says below.....

As long as the work is carried out by a qualified mechanic, and the bits used match or exceed Toyota's or Australian Standards' requirements, then legally your warranty is secure.

Doesn't stop a recalcitrant dealer from trying to find an excuse not to cover something, though!

....although they did say that any parts used must be genuine Toyota!

Edited by mick0082

I asked my dealership this same question just out of interest (never plan on taking my car elsewhere though) and they said pretty muc hwhat Buddha says below.....

....although they did say that any parts used must be genuine Toyota!

Yeah, they would say that! :D

It'd be interesting, though, to find out if anyone has had issues of that nature (say, Kmart putting a Ryco filter on, then the customer needing engine work, for example).

I don't consider myself an expert, but I do read pretty much all of the general motoring media (Wheels/Motor, Carsguide/Drive) and haven't read any letters or articles on the issue ... but I haven't seen it on A Current Affair or Today Tonight yet, so obviously it's never happened! :P

• 1 month later...

Nunawading toyota just tried to charge me $309 for my 20k sevice, lucky i had a 10% discount card so i payed $270. I rang around though, Ferntree Gully Toyota $245, Yarra Valley Toyota $260.

:) let's dump the rolla and get ourselves Hyudai Getz...

5 yrs warranty and unlimited kilometers :P

Yeah, but how much do they charge to service it?

• 1 year later...

ring up grandmotors toyota on gold coast and they charge $178 for 20,000Km service and i thought that was expensive lol

so i went to BP workshop and had it done there instead for $30 and i paid oil and filter myself

• 2 years later...

Hey, where do u guys get the services done?

are they full services?

how come it sounds so cheap compare to mine..

argg... i got ripped..

for some strange reason.. i needed to pay $400+ for 30k service...