CAI warranty question

gg888

hey guys just want to know if CAI voids manaufacturer warranty before i go ahead and install.

i got 6 years warranty on mine... and im not sure i want to lose that piece of mind for CAI

do any of you guys know if toyota does it... and if they do how does it affect their warranty???

it will.

its dubious but the general concensus is that because it is the air intake on the engine then it will void the warranty for the engine

dont forget that if u change a part.. it voids the warranty for that part only .. not the whole car.

i.e. changing springs will affect suspension, possibly chassis but wont really have an effect on electrics.

it is dubious... if something was to go wrong with the engine im sure they'd blame it on the CAI and say it affected the engine....

another question for all of you.... you all went ahead with CAI knowing it would void warranty... how has it affected your cars and has anyone had to make a warranty claim with CAI installed.

it is dubious... if something was to go wrong with the engine im sure they'd blame it on the CAI and say it affected the engine....

another question for all of you.... you all went ahead with CAI knowing it would void warranty... how has it affected your cars and has anyone had to make a warranty claim with CAI installed.

I'm having mine installed at a Toyota service centre, they asured me that it wont get in the

way of warranty issues also they offer one year install warranty aswell. Be smart and get them

to install it bro as they don't remove the foglight either! ($140 all up, I'm supplying the TRD CAI).

Good luck!

Regards..............

Edited by BlAcK JeT

we all installed the CAI's knowing it would possibly void the warranty..

No-one here has had any engine troubles that i know of..

except rollagrl.. but downshifting to the wrong gear will do that :P

ive had my car dynoed and the fuel air mix was fine.. as long as your engine doesnt run lean you shouldnt have any issues

p.s. dont go through any big big puddles :P

• 2 months later...

Hey all,

Im in the 6 year Warranty situation as well. Im in Sydney and Castle Hill Toyota are saying if i get the TRD CAI it wont void my warranty but im with Lander for my warranty and their manager said it would if something went wrong and they could trace it back but then when i called yesterday a mechanic said it shouldn't void anything. They have a new manager now so im waiting for his response. Ive spoken with Toyota Australia and they are saying that TRD parts are not referenced by Toyota Australia and so therefore any damage caused by a TRD part is not covered.

I've got an 05 Sportivo so ive only used up 1 year of my warranty - basically im trying to make a deal with the Toyota service department that if they install it and service it then can they keep it under warranty.

What do you think are my chances are and even if they dont cover it do you still reckon i should go ahead wit getting the TRD CAI?

Pacie u said u got 6 years warranty on ur stivo ............how much u pay to get that warranty extended if u dont mind me asking. sorry for gettin off the topic!

the extention of the warranty normally comes with clauses that make you service your car at that particular toyota, otherwise the 6 year is void.

Normally they charge you more for the service too... rip off merchants.

Yeah the extended warranty was "free" but you are all right it is a rip off i have to get the car serviced there etc. at the moment its all been going well and not charging much so im happy - im not worried about losing the extra 3 years i just want to keep the normal 3 year warranty.

But judging by this ofrum there doesnt seem to be many people that have had trouble due to a TRD CAI am i right???

yeah .. thats the standard for CH toyota ..

they tack on the extra 3 years to close the deal ... but is useless really ..

coz any mod and you will lose the last 3 years ..

and ...if you dont service according to their service schedule ... which is like every 6 months or 5000 km they will void the last 3 years ... and thier service charges aint the best ...

yeah .. thats the standard for CH toyota ..

they tack on the extra 3 years to close the deal ... but is useless really ..

coz any mod and you will lose the last 3 years ..

and ...if you dont service according to their service schedule ... which is like every 6 months or 5000 km they will void the last 3 years ... and thier service charges aint the best ...

Very ture, my Rolla got in Parramatta at Terry Shield, the sevices center is bad , reception is bad...even they offer other 3 yrs warranty, I switched to Chatswood & Sydney City Toyota. They offer me much BETTER services, especially Sydney City Toyota. never back to Parramatta for any reason.

we all installed the CAI's knowing it would possibly void the warranty..

No-one here has had any engine troubles that i know of..

except rollagrl.. but downshifting to the wrong gear will do that :P

ive had my car dynoed and the fuel air mix was fine.. as long as your engine doesnt run lean you shouldnt have any issues

p.s. dont go through any big big puddles :P

The worry some of you express every time it rains makes me laugh :lol::lol::lol:

Oohh no my CAI is gonna suck the road dry and give me some water injection. :lol:

Seriously guys I think that Qld has prolly the worst record for summer storms of any of the states for the entire season and i have been caught driving in at least half of them to the point of a good couple of inches of water running across the road and believe it or not have NEVER had my CAI suck any water up at all. :o I've even crossed a semi flooded road with 6 inches of water over it with no problems. But it all comes down to the way you drive. Stupid driving will obviously yield bad results. So if you plan on roaring through deep(6+inches) puddles then prepare for some sort of damage but normal wet driving is not a problem even if your car is lowered.

PS. Motoman this isn't a personal attack on you or your car or your driving ability or your Mum's driving ability but merely highlighting the fact that if you drive with normal due caution in the wet then there will be no problems. :D :D

PS. Motoman this isn't a personal attack on you or your car or your driving ability or your Mum's driving ability but merely highlighting the fact that if you drive with normal due caution in the wet then there will be no problems. :D :D

Yer alls good...

i never had a problem with handling my weapon in wet conditions... :lol:

does that have anything to do with your mum? or am i clear? :ph34r: