CES Exhaust

mowog

Hi All

There has been a bit of chat about exhausts lately. I have just had the CES system fitted to my 2003 Sportivo. The sound of the system is great. It does get a little boomy at some speeds. Its hard to judge power increase but on a hill I normally shift back to 5th on I didnt need to today so I guess the Torque is improved in the mid range. When coming onto cam at 6000rpm the engine feels to breathing better. Over all a highly recommended mod for your Sportivo. The crew at CES are great and very easy to deal with

Ian

The sound of the system is great. It does get a little boomy at some speeds.

So are you saying it drones ?

Its not a drone sound sound its just a deeper booming sound than the standard system produces and I would only class it as a minor concern as goes away on a steady cruise.

once it carbons up it quietens down too ;)

Thanks for the tip.

If I want quiet I take the Grand Voyager for a drive some times its just great to sit in smooth isolated comfort listening to the 11 speaker infinity sound system. This car is just fantastic for road trips. Then for that true seat of pants wind your hair experiance I take the Moke out out of my fleet its the car I like the most.

I have no brand loyalty at all I still own every car in my signature block I soon hope to Remove the Voyager and add an XR6 Turbo or a Hemi 300c.

once it carbons up it quietens down too ;)

Thanks for the tip.

If I want quiet I take the Grand Voyager for a drive some times its just great to sit in smooth isolated comfort listening to the 11 speaker infinity sound system. This car is just fantastic for road trips. Then for that true seat of pants wind your hair experiance I take the Moke out out of my fleet its the car I like the most.

I have no brand loyalty at all I still own every car in my signature block I soon hope to Remove the Voyager and add an XR6 Turbo or a Hemi 300c.

so wat does the barina and the ka do? :)

have a listen to my exhaust .. tell me what you think ...

http://www.raceweb.co.za/Interface_new1.html

it's the last download on the last page ...

I think it sounds soft compared to the systems we got here, CES sounds better i think and my 1zz cannon job even better at that - much more aggressive :angry::lol: . Also i think a CAI is a must on a Stivo, it makes lift that much better, I would rather listen the the engine screaming at those high rpms than a mediocre exhaust that is burning a hole in the atmosphere.

just wondering...where can i get a CES exhaust system in melbourne? and how much are they?

mo wog---> did u get a full system or just a cat back??? how much did it cos ya???

should i be going full stainless steel?

Edited by GTiR88

just wondering...where can i get a CES exhaust system in melbourne? and how much are they?

mo wog---> did u get a full system or just a cat back??? how much did it cos ya???

CES exhausts are located in brisbane, but they are willing to send interstate at buyers expense afaik

$960 for mild steel catback

$1060 for s/steel catback

might as well go stainless as it looks better n lasts longer :)

up to u really tbh

CES exhausts are located in brisbane, but they are willing to send interstate at buyers expense afaik

$960 for mild steel catback

$1060 for s/steel catback

might as well go stainless as it looks better n lasts longer :)

up to u really tbh

its actually $960 for a S'Steel Catback with mild steel flanges

and $1060 for a S'Steel Catback with S'Steel flanges.

My CES exhaust is most definately the quietest sports exhaust fitted to a toyota twincam I have ever heard, If you think its boomy at all you should be sticking to a stock exhaust lol

:)

At this point in Time I am feeling sorry for using the word boomy. I should have said it sounds different. I have owned and modified a lot of cars and bikes over the years. When you modify a car you expect changes some good some bad. I love the sound of the CES system around town. However I took it on a 4 day trip recently and if this car was going to spend most of its time on the highway I would have the standard exhaust over the CES any day. But I can afford to own a number of cars and the Corolla will keep the CES system because 90% of its time is spent around town where the "some bad" side of the mod isnt an issue.

To anyone in Brisbane considering a system the CES is fantastic and well made and the guys at CES take the time to explain the system. This is far from the loudest car I have owned that honor goes to a Mini Moke I owned in the early 80's it was a beast that ran on Avgas and produced the most wonerfull exhaust note under acceleration.

Even the standard exhaust can be boomy at times. I was sitting in the back of my car with my sister driving, we were going up Mt Ousley in wollongong and in 6th gear going up those hills the standard was sounding boomy...

Dont know if any of the other guys from wollongong can say the same

Even the standard exhaust can be boomy at times. I was sitting in the back of my car with my sister driving, we were going up Mt Ousley in wollongong and in 6th gear going up those hills the standard was sounding boomy...

it's always boony going up there, I tend to drop back to 5th and it's gone... PS it is not a 'drone' though!!!

it's always boony going up there, I tend to drop back to 5th and it's gone... PS it is not a 'drone' though!!!

Thats right its not a drone