T-Sport Compressor anyone ?

xoom

Hi Guys,

Just thought you corolla enthusiasts might be interested in some close up pics i got of one of these babies.

While i was in the UK ... Toyota UK opened its doors to the UK arm of TOC and i was lucky enough to be there to also attend .... It was an awesome day with even a Caterham which was powered by a lotus 2ZZ turning up which runs 0-100 in approx 3.8 sec ;-) ;-)

Enjoy.

cheers

Bill

tsport.jpg

tsport1.jpg

tsport2.jpg

tsport3.jpg

tsport4.jpg

tsport6.jpg

tsport8.jpg

tsport9.jpg

tsport11.jpg

Caterham.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh and i had a chance to speak to one of the toyota people whom ofcourse i rubbed it in that my N/A sportivo would probably make a mess of this s/c version ... his response for the crap 215 horses was that it is actually only just a notch under emissions laws in europe.... and if it wasnt for that it would have seen an equivalent figures like the lotus 240R which is putting out 240 horses ... So i got a wink from him as he said ..."Nothing aftermarket parts cant fix" .... LOL

oh and i had a chance to speak to one of the toyota people whom ofcourse i rubbed it in that my N/A sportivo would probably make a mess of this s/c version ... his response for the crap 215 horses was that it is actually only just a notch under emissions laws in europe.... and if it wasnt for that it would have seen an equivalent figures like the lotus 240R which is putting out 240 horses ... So i got a wink from him as he said ..."Nothing aftermarket parts cant fix" .... LOL

I noticed in the rear pic that it had two exhaust outlets, but what appeared to be only one muffler (on the driver's side) ... was that just the way the pic was taken, or is that second outlet just a slave off the one muffler?

You should have asked for a test drive Bill :D

Unfortunately it was locked away inside in the showroom and where it was there was no way it was going anywhere ..... i really wanted them to turn it on atleast but no go :( :( :(

who is the old fart in the Caterham ...

man that would be fun !!!

bugger .. just realised ... bill - ... if thats you .. your not an old fart ... if its not you .... he is an old fart ! :)))

Nope that aint me :P :P :P :P .... thats the dude that owns that car ..... going s/c in a couple of months .... that will fly .....

i want one....

you didnt happen to swipe that white dash for me did you????? ;)

LOL ..... yeah there was a lot i wanted to swipe off the car but unfortunately no tools ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I wonder if it has the same gear shifting problems like the sportivo has.... :blink:

hmmmm .... yeah it would be interesting to know but i should point out that all the t-sports in the UK are home grown .... i.e. manufactured in the UK and they hadnt heard of any of the issues i mentioned so it sounds like their build quality is better than S.A.

I noticed in the rear pic that it had two exhaust outlets, but what appeared to be only one muffler (on the driver's side) ... was that just the way the pic was taken, or is that second outlet just a slave off the one muffler?

Its not a true twin muffler system as u say its just a slave off the one muffler .... Looks good any how ;) ;) ;)

Hey SA's build quality is not bad!

I'll give you that one ... but too bad about your cricket team ! :P :P :P

if you try to pull appart a jap built 1zz rolla and an SA built 2zz rolla they are worlds appart, the JP built ones have some serious built quality, the SA ones basically fall appart.

It is a pity,

I have had pieces of mine (namely inner plastic guard) fall off, because they didn't put all the plastic clips in at the SA plant when they made the car. I happend to be doing over 100 mph (yes i was in NT) when it flew out, needless to say, I shat for a moment when it happened. The air pressuse sheared the clips that were there clean off.

Upon closer inspection, 3 clips had NEVER been there, and it was on the front part and the lower front part, which of course is where the plastic guard cops the most abuse from air/water etc.

I'm not knocking SA specifically, I'm knocking Toyota, it often takes time to get a plant into a good rythm, may take 10+ years, I don't know how long SA has been exporting cars for, but the dudes on the production line need to know that EVERY part of a toyota has been engineered to be there, and they waste NOTHING, so by that rationale, they should put ALL the parts in, simple.

If Toyota are going to export cars from SA, then the dudes who are making the cars have to give a F***.

Oh, and I'm sure people will attest, how many of us have the inner boot tail-light covers (the carpeted ones) fall off???

Iv'e put mine back at least 30 times, now I have given up.

Can I ask the guys out there with Jap hatches, do they fall off too?? I'm curious, as if the jap ones do, then it is a design fault, not SA's.

Can I ask the guys out there with Jap hatches, do they fall off too?? I'm curious, as if the jap ones do, then it is a design fault, not SA's.

Thank you!!!

Every toyota factory is to jap satisfaction. And if this is the case that all the SA rollas are falling apart then i beg the question close it down!

And i also ask why the hell then are the stivos the rollas performance hatch arent buit in Japan?!?!?!