CAI question

Hey Guys,

I know heaps of ppl post these to get advice but i havent seen anyone post this exact one before.

Just saw this CAi on ebay. Was wondering what the issue is with it? Im thinkin maybe its the ****ty Pod filter and if so could you just buy a TRD or K&n one and use that instead?? Would this even fit a 1zz-fe?

thanks in advance

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COLD-AIR-IN...035210196QQrdZ1

Edited by SyxXPaC

Hey Guys,

I know heaps of ppl post these to get advice but i havent seen anyone post this exact one before.

Just saw this CAi on ebay. Was wondering what the issue is with it? Im thinkin maybe its the ****ty Pod filter and if so could you just buy a TRD or K&n one and use that instead?? Would this even fit a 1zz-fe?

thanks in advance

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COLD-AIR-IN...035210196QQrdZ1

This CAI looks to be a clone of the AEM intake, although it is 2 piece...Looks like it has the right curvature to fit a 1zz (pre-facelift i can only be sure of)...

The only issues you could really have would be that it doesnt fit together or the seals dont cut it, in which case you can simply get a K&N/TRD Pod (assuming the supplied one doesnt fit) and a hacksaw..."modify" the piece that fits onto the throttle body and turn it into a short ram intake, easy :D

For probably around $200 it looks like a good deal, however if you want something rock solid, i would be shelling out of a bit more cash for something that is proven to work.

Hey guys,

I just spoke to the guy at enzo racing in the U.S who runs this auction on Ebay.

He said our 1zz-fe's shoudl be the same as there Matrix XR's therefor these should fit fine.

He said he would ship 5 of the ENZ CAI's to Sydney for a totoal of $250 US. Should pretty cheap and he said the filter provided is fairy good but not up to the standard of the TRD or K&N ones.

What do you guys think?? It ends up being $64 AUD each shipped to sydney.

I got a stock standard 02 model 1zz sedan. WIll this cai kit fit? Do you need any modoifications to the car

?

Juding from what the U.S guys say. The Maxtrix XR parts will fit our STD rollas. I knwo for a fact that they both have the same engines "1zz-fe". I mean for $300 i woudl start to think twice but for 64$ I wouldnt complain if we had to modify it a bit to work.

SO to answer your question. Yes it should fit all 1zz-fe rollas from 02 onwards.