CAI is Incredible

I just installed an AEM matrix CAI on my Runx. The performance inprovement is enjoyably noticeable. At that first cam change around 4k, a deep bellow gets louder as we approach 6k, but when LIFT engages, OMG. Its like an industrial saw gone crazy.

I've got to say, I owe thanks to the workshop submission by Danthuyer. The Matrix engine layout differed from my engine lay out slightly, and the instructions beyond a certian point didnt correspond AT ALL. Thanks to the pictures in the submission, I was able to run the hoses to the correct places.

The filter was abit big, but with some manuevering and a little denting, ;) it fit well. The sound is just unbeleivably addictive.

I do beleive, I'm addicted to WOT. :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i miss my TRD CAI :( had to take it out due to the rubber elbow splitting, waiting for the replecement one from bruce, i must say though i prefer the non-CAI lift sound over CAI lift sound

you dont like the super aggressive sound you get from hearing unrestricted airflow and raw enging output noises... ^o)

Hi all.

I recently installed a TRD CAI kit on my 03 Corolla Sportivo. During the installation, I realised the instructions didn't always correspond, possibly because the kit was originally designed for an American model. I've had an issue since. When the engine's cold, it coughs/chokes and doesn't wanna take off. I took it to a performance mechanic and he said a SAFC will possibly help.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem and how it could be fixed.

Thanks! =)

Hi all.

I recently installed a TRD CAI kit on my 03 Corolla Sportivo. During the installation, I realised the instructions didn't always correspond, possibly because the kit was originally designed for an American model. I've had an issue since. When the engine's cold, it coughs/chokes and doesn't wanna take off. I took it to a performance mechanic and he said a SAFC will possibly help.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem and how it could be fixed.

Thanks! =)

RESET YOUR ECU :D

should fix it..

Hi all.

Thanks! =)

Hi mate,

whats the price of a TRD CIA. I am from South Africa and theres no one that sells them here.

Thanks

Greek

Hi all.

Thanks! =)

Hi mate,

whats the price of a TRD CIA. I am from South Africa and theres no one that sells them here.

Thanks

Greek

Hey greek! im greek to and im from Joburg bu have been living here for 5months.

Iv got the TRD CAI and it cost me $320 doubt you will find on in SA. Have you tried Autostyle?

otherwise ud have to go to some performance shops.

Hi all.

Thanks! =)

What does SAFC stand for? wat does it do?

did u get it? wat was the price?

yeah i started to have the same issue as you 03 Corolla Sportivo, in the mornings when i start her,

she coughs/chokes, but i just let her get warmed up and is all good....

cheers

mario

Hi all.

Thanks! =)

yeah i started to have the same issue as you 03 Corolla Sportivo, in the mornings when i start her,

cheers

mario

Id have to say I dont get any type of shoke or coughing ...

What I do get when she is cold is a freakin loud as "sucking" ... like it just can get enough ... its like an vacume cleaner !

Hi all.

Thanks! =)

cheers

mario

Id have to say I dont get any type of shoke or coughing ...

What I do get when she is cold is a freakin loud as "sucking" ... like it just can get enough ... its like an vacume cleaner !

same here lol! so loud! sounds awsome but! hehehe

Hi all.

Thanks! =)

should fix it..

Just in case you all missed it!

Hi all.

Thanks! =)

should fix it..

hey motoman, YeP i saw , i already reset the ecu just after i had my ces system installed wich was jsut about 3 weeks ago... should i reset it again?!

cheers

mario

Hi all.

Thanks! =)

should fix it..

hey motoman, YeP i saw , i already reset the ecu just after i had my ces system installed wich was jsut about 3 weeks ago... should i reset it again?!

cheers

mario

I think we all get that sucking sound with the CAI when we start the car when its cold

I installed the CAI 6 months ago and I am only now getting the caughing. Wonder why it would just start to caugh and jump after 6 months? Once it is warm its ok... but its a pain when cold

@CORZZA

Thanks for the reply mate. I live close to Durban and havent been to JHB in a while mate. I checked with AutoStyle as well as a few other performance outlets and no one seems to have the proper CAI kits. I have a few mates here in SA that have taken the cheaper way out... Hook up a BMC cone filter to the air intake that is located close to the front lights and pull out the original flat filter from the box...and its sorted...sounds nice as well and seems to pickup to 6000rpm a little faster as well.

@TRD Man

Will wait for your pm mate or alternatively, you can email me at apatel@masonite.co.za

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great site guys, keep up the excellant work.. I just want to get my X to drop the GolfV GTI.. Dont think I am asking for too much lol... ;)

Best wishes,

Greek

South Africa

Greek yeha thats the easy way out! the whole piping is far better. its just an akward shape and goes down to the fog light. Try Ebay!

it does sound mean and to beat a golf 4 GTI im sure ul do it! get an exhaust too! 63mm will help alot!

Greek yeha thats the easy way out! the whole piping is far better. its just an akward shape and goes down to the fog light. Try Ebay!

it does sound mean and to beat a golf 4 GTI im sure ul do it! get an exhaust too! 63mm will help alot!

Golf 4 GTI wont be a prob mate. I am setup to run a Golf 5 GTI lol.... :o

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

Thanks! =)

Hi mate,

Thanks

I bought it for $495 Australian dollars. It's from TRD USA so you might wanna order from them.

Greek