POWER FC

the rollas, here, Jp, US, UK all have diff loom configs so i think we would be very lucky if we get an Aus Spec one.

yeah would b really good for us ppl in aus .. our technology is alwayz slower den other countries ...

Edited by gOODbOYz

there are already corollas running Power FC's :ph34r:

But a factory made packag from apexi will be more reliable no?

Having spoken to Bill(Xoom) and the tuners. It seems a custom power fc job

is a rather tempermental beast to tame.

What with possible problems in the electrical system that lead extra loads to the alternator if

the wiring isn't done right etc etc... I guess if i had a stivo, i'd wait for the factory loom

Edited by negatron

An update from Meridian MotorSports in relation to the radiator and temp gauge.

"I have had a good look at the wiring diagram (Note: USA/Canada specification diagram) supplied and have identified the following –

The Temp gauge receives its signal from the ECU via a 2 wire CAN-Bus via pins B8 & B19

The Radiator fan On/Off activation is controlled by the ECU via pins D6 & D7.

So what does this mean?

If the wiring diagram is applicable to our (Aust spec) car, then -

The Apexi unit in its current specification can not operate the factory temp gauge. There is no easy (cheap) work around if you want to have the factory engine temp gauge functioning. The most cost effective solution is to fit a nice modern separate gauge in single slim line or minimal gauge holder/pod.

The radiator fan activation can be solved by either a change in the wiring configuration with a connector that is connected one way for the OEM ECU and another way for the Apexi, or by fitting a separate thermo fan switch.

In my opinion, the Apexi is the most cost effective tuning solution for the 1zz and 2zz engines as it can control all the critical engine parameters that most of the other systems (except MoTeC) can not. "

An update from Meridian MotorSports in relation to the radiator and temp gauge.

"I have had a good look at the wiring diagram (Note: USA/Canada specification diagram) supplied and have identified the following –

The Temp gauge receives its signal from the ECU via a 2 wire CAN-Bus via pins B8 & B19

The Radiator fan On/Off activation is controlled by the ECU via pins D6 & D7.

So what does this mean?

If the wiring diagram is applicable to our (Aust spec) car, then -

The Apexi unit in its current specification can not operate the factory temp gauge. There is no easy (cheap) work around if you want to have the factory engine temp gauge functioning. The most cost effective solution is to fit a nice modern separate gauge in single slim line or minimal gauge holder/pod.

The radiator fan activation can be solved by either a change in the wiring configuration with a connector that is connected one way for the OEM ECU and another way for the Apexi, or by fitting a separate thermo fan switch.

In my opinion, the Apexi is the most cost effective tuning solution for the 1zz and 2zz engines as it can control all the critical engine parameters that most of the other systems (except MoTeC) can not. "

interesting lucio!! cant stop thinking about PFC for our car.. would really bring out the beast inside!!

The most cost effective solution is to fit a nice modern separate gauge in single slim line or minimal gauge holder/pod.

Your most cost effective solution is to simply use the water temp read out on the hand controller .... Thats what i do ;) ;) ;) ;)

. would really bring out the beast inside!!

Yes it does .... trust me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

how much would PFC cost all up .. module and tuning.. from what to what guys (average).. just would like to know a rough idea so if my source does give me a price .. i dont wanna be ripped off.

If it really is made for the Corolla, it shouldnt cost anymore than 2k for fitting and tuning, but i would say around 1800 would be a more reasonable number.

the thing that will make the price vary is the tune, $1800 means that after buying the unit and the Commander and getting it fitted etc, you would be looking at no more then bout $400 for a full tune, as bill any myself know first hand no two cars will be able to use the same tune to get the best gains so i would be budgeting no less then a shade over $2,000 to get it done the right way.

How reliable is your source? Sounds like a lot of BS to me to be honnest. Why would they make an Power FC just now when they seize to build the car ??? On the other hand, it should be a minor modification since most of the work is already done ... Or are you talking about AP engineerings power FC? They sell several modified Power FC's to work on non suported cars.

I'm curious, but i doubt it is true.

How reliable is your source? Sounds like a lot of BS to me to be honnest. Why would they make an Power FC just now when they seize to build the car ??? On the other hand, it should be a minor modification since most of the work is already done ... Or are you talking about AP engineerings power FC? They sell several modified Power FC's to work on non suported cars.

The car is still being made in SA isnt it?

well my source has the fastest 180 in australia .. and his got his own shop also. www.highendracing.com.au .. so his pretty connected.. but he specializes more towards jap cars but his just trying to help me out with the corolla stuff coz its hard to find parts in aus. as most of u guys may know. well as topic described " if rumors are true that they will be inventing PFC for our rollas " i will let u guys know.. if u reckon is BS den i wont tell u if they create it. :lol: ;)

well my source has the fastest 180 in australia .. and his got his own shop also. www.highendracing.com.au .. so his pretty connected.. but he specializes more towards jap cars but his just trying to help me out with the corolla stuff coz its hard to find parts in aus. as most of u guys may know. well as topic described " if rumors are true that they will be inventing PFC for our rollas " i will let u guys know.. if u reckon is BS den i wont tell u if they create it. :lol: ;)

Well IMHO I don't think anyone really cares whether you say it has been created or not. What matters is if people who are interested in a PFC unit specifically for the Corolla will be able to obtain and tune it or not.

I don't think it is BS, however i do find it unlikely, as the Corollas are not exactly performance vehicles (yes, stivo included).

Also, pimping information is lame...rumours are lame - unless you know for sure that this unit is being released and would be acquirable by the other users on this forum, as well as be a more efficient means than the methods carried out by both Northy and Xoom, then i would say this information is somewhat redundant.

Well IMHO I don't think anyone really cares whether you say it has been created or not. What matters is if people who are interested in a PFC unit specifically for the Corolla will be able to obtain and tune it or not.

I don't think it is BS, however i do find it unlikely, as the Corollas are not exactly performance vehicles (yes, stivo included).

Also, pimping information is lame...rumours are lame - unless you know for sure that this unit is being released and would be acquirable by the other users on this forum, as well as be a more efficient means than the methods carried out by both Northy and Xoom, then i would say this information is somewhat redundant.

exactly

I did say it looked like BS, not that it was ...

If it is real I'll soon be an undoubtly happy owner of one of those Power FC's. But I can't help thinking it is pretty unlikely they would release it now. I hope they do, verry much even, but I doubt it.