CAI related questions

Hey everyone. Recently we aquired a CAI and yesterday after about 3 hours of taking things off a trying to make the mofo fit with the battery still in tact we got the thing installed.

We ended up with 2 moduless that we had to take off the stock airbox and a few lines and a T piece feeding into nowhere. (one of them a vacuum line that we had sealed up)

My question is what did you do with all of these items and modules? Are they throw away? or are they cable tied up somewhere in your engine bay?

Anyone else have the shift performance CAI?

Is it ok for the battery to be sitting on an angle? its not flat but its secure. I just get the feeling its not right.

Anyway if you all could show me picture of your CAI installs in your facelift stivos i'd really appreciate it.

thanks yall

Hey everyone. Recently we aquired a CAI and yesterday after about 3 hours of taking things off a trying to make the mofo fit with the battery still in tact we got the thing installed.

We ended up with 2 moduless that we had to take off the stock airbox and a few lines and a T piece feeding into nowhere. (one of them a vacuum line that we had sealed up)

My question is what did you do with all of these items and modules? Are they throw away? or are they cable tied up somewhere in your engine bay?

Is it ok for the battery to be sitting on an angle? its not flat but its secure. I just get the feeling its not right.

Anyway if you all could show me picture of your CAI installs in your facelift stivos i'd really appreciate it.

thanks yall

I have a shift performace cai

Check my garage for the pics of their instll ..

Battery should be its original position ... no way on an angle ! ..

but I have a 1zz ..

not as good as the one on ebay .. the one that the guys are looking at in the group buy ..

Although it does its job ...

Im happy with it .. and the guys at shift really know what they are doing ..

total install time was 35 mins .. of which 15 were running the car after the ECU reset ...

definately recommend them ...

thanks yall

Heres a pic of my CAI, I hope it helps you with your install!

My CAI

thanks yall

Heres a pic of my CAI, I hope it helps you with your install!

My CAI

Is shift performance cai the best choice for 2zzge? Or is there more effective ones for a higher price? If the shift performance cai is the way to go, ill order one from ebay.