Just lowered the s'tivo

qkslvr

Hey guys and girls

finally got my car lowered. put kmac springs in (2inche drop). the ride is decent not too bumpy. the spring rates are perfect for the shocks and clearance is excellent. no scrubbing, HEAPS less body roll. very happy with the whole setup

med_gallery_123_182_37009.jpg

med_gallery_123_182_6206.jpg

med_gallery_123_182_54737.jpg

Lowered rear and polished stock exhaust

med_gallery_123_182_113910.jpg

front and painted calipers (yet to do the rear calipers)

med_gallery_123_182_74990.jpg

And just for comparison, a shot of the car before it was lowered.....

gallery_123_182_54456.jpg

:o :o :o

Edited by qkslvr

Looks hott!

I'd like to see it with passengers though.

I hate how toyotas are always so high that the wheels look too small.

Looks good man, I can't wait to do it myself.

i know what you mean. after i got my 17" but before i lowered it, my girlfriend was like...."how come the new wheels are still so small? i thought you got bigger wheels? :lol::lol:

Lookin good qkslvr :D

Can I ask a quickie though - How did you polish your stock exhaust? Wasnt it black coated?

Cheers

yeah. it's black coated. The stock exhaust is stainless steel anyway. i just got under there with some metal polish and gave it a quick polish. the sides are easy to polish as the paint is thin. but the ends are a pain in the....Ummmm...endz :lol: thicker paint and it's tougher too.

i know what you mean. after i got my 17" but before i lowered it, my girlfriend was like...."how come the new wheels are still so small? i thought you got bigger wheels? :lol::lol:

BURN! she burned you good! :lol:

qkslvr, what size rims do you have? and I think you can update your "no mods" sig now :P

BURN! she burned you good! :lol:

qkslvr, what size rims do you have? and I think you can update your "no mods" sig now :P

i know! i didn't know what to say :lol::lol:

i'm rolling 17" with 215\40 17 tyres.

Thanks Corzza :D

Cheeky_Age, the black pain comes off with the polish. the sides come off real easy, real light work! but i must warn you the ends are really really tough. you have to spend 3-4times as long. unless you have a small dremel tool you can attach a small buffing end to :D i started on the end but just left it black cause it didn't want to come off. only the sides are polished. i'll do the ends when i have more time.

Thanks for the clarification qklsvr :)

I might just do the sides for now as the black on my exhaust is still new.

Access to the sides of the exhaust isnt too bad either and i could probarbly manage without having to take off the back wheels.

qkslvr - car looks good, mines lowered 2 inches also but i scrub everywhere could it be because im running the stock wheels still???

that's weird. i'm not sure what offset my wheels are but after i dropped it 2inches there is still almost an inch left of clearance no scrubbing at all. are you coming to the meeting on the 25th? you can have a look at my wheel arch clearance.

hey qkslvr,

Height looks good.

Did you get it done at K-MAC on the Princess Hwy, Rockdale ????

How much did they quote you??? Cause I a quote for $540.00 for their custom springs.

Cheers

GAZOOM

How much would i have to lower my sportivo to make it look exactly like this??? 55mm?

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/uplo...06_188_9765.jpg

Edited by Buri_Sportivo

hey qkslvr,

Height looks good.

Did you get it done at K-MAC on the Princess Hwy, Rockdale ????

How much did they quote you??? Cause I a quote for $540.00 for their custom springs.

Cheers

GAZOOM

How much would i have to lower my sportivo to make it look exactly like this??? 55mm?

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/uplo...06_188_9765.jpg

Gazoom, i got it done at ozzy tyres at liverpool. cost me $430 including wheel alignment. I had to wait a week for the springs to get made. they where a custom drop.

Buri_Sportivo, there is a black facelift sportivo with white 17" wheels that looks similar to that. the guy put king superlows on his car. the gaurd sits just on the tyre level. Looks hot but ground clearance is minimal.

qkslvr - car looks good, mines lowered 2 inches also but i scrub everywhere could it be because im running the stock wheels still???

that's weird. i'm not sure what offset my wheels are but after i dropped it 2inches there is still almost an inch left of clearance no scrubbing at all. are you coming to the meeting on the 25th? you can have a look at my wheel arch clearance.

I cant make it, im at a 21st down here

Maybe next meet

looks good. I just lowered my rolla recently. lowered 45mm front and 50mm rear. The height was ok, until i had to carry 3 ppl in the rear. Then the guard is just slightly lower than the tyre. Not good at all. So i had the car raise dby 10mm.

Anyway, the pic below is how the car looked when it was first lowered. I haven't taken pic of how it look like now.

post-1456-1139956862_thumb.jpg

post-1456-1139956982_thumb.jpg

post-1456-1139957019_thumb.jpg

Bit of a dodgy photochop that one, but hey...

Yeah the height of the arches are an issue to make them look as though they are 'filled'.

Needs 19's to fill them properly.

/end ricer moment.

Mine is dropped 2 inches all round, full load in the car, and the back looks sweet. Just loves scraping on everything when you do it though. :(

Time for someone to put in air bags... ;)

Bit of a dodgy photochop that one, but hey...

Yeah the height of the arches are an issue to make them look as though they are 'filled'.

Needs 19's to fill them properly.

/end ricer moment.

Mine is dropped 2 inches all round, full load in the car, and the back looks sweet. Just loves scraping on everything when you do it though. :(

Time for someone to put in air bags... ;)

air bags?? what do u mean?? :blink:

And what do u mean by dodgy photochop????

Edited by Hsien