Corrolla Sportivo 2ZZGE tuning packages?

http://www.turbokits.com/corolla_turbo_kits.html

word of warning though .... these are made for the US corolla ... If u have bought a TRD CAI u will know it was made for the US and had to be slightly modified to fit our cars .... If thats the case for a CAI i dont think u can be sure 100% it will fit our build of corolla without some minor modifications .... So be prepared for that factor.....

http://www.turbokits.com/corolla_turbo_kits.html

word of warning though .... these are made for the US corolla ... If u have bought a TRD CAI u will know it was made for the US and had to be slightly modified to fit our cars .... If thats the case for a CAI i dont think u can be sure 100% it will fit our build of corolla without some minor modifications .... So be prepared for that factor.....

Not bad price for all those parts. Says 75-100whp gain which is something im looking forward to. Hmm, true, since it was made for the corolla's in US. Im sure they will fit even if they need a little modification to get fitted it. However the turbo looks a bit small hehe. Im not going to pay anything for installation because my friend is going to do it and he won't charge me. Im wondering if anyone has purchased this kit. It should give the sportivo a good push.

Edited by Buri_Sportivo

before anyone starts looking to buy one of these .... let me give u a word of advise ..... invest in ur internals and re-enforce them for F/I before chucking a kit like this on ..... as it could be a very costly exercise if something gives way .....

before anyone starts looking to buy one of these .... let me give u a word of advise ..... invest in ur internals and re-enforce them for F/I before chucking a kit like this on ..... as it could be a very costly exercise if something gives way .....

Thats on my mind as well, im scared that if i put that kit on i might face an internal disasters later on. When you meant "re-inforce them for F/I", what does F/I stand for? I went blank lol.

wise words. but some ppl just don't listen.

you WILL break something eventually boosting a stock 2ZZ. The compression ratio isn't practicle for forced induction a daily driven car running just a piggyback ECU. If you get the kit, also purchase a spare long motor for when you break the first one.

you WILL break something eventually boosting a stock 2ZZ. The compression ratio isn't practicle for forced induction a daily driven car running just a piggyback ECU. If you get the kit, also purchase a spare long motor for when you break the first one.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Put the spare motor in the boot as you'll never know when you'll need it. As it always happens in the most inconvienent place ;)

Hi guys,

check this out for starting off with mate:

Xrsi with extra gains...

Edited by Greek

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've seen some hardcore modded celicas with the same engine, and they have pushed some of them to 350-375kw's + street driven, i don't see them complaining. Plus, it's how you tune the car and how you drive it ofcourse. And im not going to even push it beyond 300hp so I'll be okay with the mods.

300hp on a stock 2ZZ bottom end in a daily driver?

Get that spare motor ready. Just ask Northy :P

Can you please post dyno charts for the 350kw celicas?

We're only planning on 220-230hp ATW in MAP81's 1ZZ powered levin, and we've got a spare long motor for that which is being built so it can make more power reliably.

Edited by rollamods

300hp on a stock 2ZZ bottom end in a daily driver?

Get that spare motor ready. Just ask Northy :P

Can you please post dyno charts for the 350kw celicas?

We're only planning on 220-230hp ATW in MAP81's 1ZZ powered levin, and we've got a spare long motor for that which is being built so it can make more power reliably.

I got no dyno sheets with me ofcourse but i'll try to find some. I've seen only 2 over 300kw's.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179526

All the cars even close to 300kw in that thread have extensive bottom end work, which would have cost more all up than buying a new STI or EVO.

The fact is that it's achievable. The only reason a turbo-engined car like sti or evo creates easier power is because, it's simply designed that way. Don't still think that getting an sti to 400kw's is cheap. With money everything is possible.

The fact is that it's achievable. The only reason a turbo-engined car like sti or evo creates easier power is because, it's simply designed that way. Don't still think that getting an sti to 400kw's is cheap. With money everything is possible.

yes is achievable, but i dont think a 1.8L can acheive 300kw, it has to be stroked with a bullet proof bottom end.

there's a few 4agte's with over 400hp ATW, in 1600 form. The OLD rigoli corolla had 326kw ATW, the speedtech DX corolla has about 500hp the last I heard when it was running 10's.

For a laugh, have a read of the celica forums and see how many people have broken their turbo 2ZZ's in comparison to the turbo 1ZZ's... turbo 1ZZ's are leading the charge in terms of reliability.

there's a few 4agte's with over 400hp ATW, in 1600 form. The OLD rigoli corolla had 326kw ATW, the speedtech DX corolla has about 500hp the last I heard when it was running 10's.

For a laugh, have a read of the celica forums and see how many people have broken their turbo 2ZZ's in comparison to the turbo 1ZZ's... turbo 1ZZ's are leading the charge in terms of reliability.

Yes is pretty amazing what the 4agte can do. But i was refering to the 2zz, with the high compression ratio, is really hard to get anything out it.

Rollamods - Northy will tell you i have placed my order for the blitz supercharger kit for the sportivo but ......I AM rebuilding the engine for the planned boost increase.

So far Im planning on a 9.0:1 compression ratio for good compromise.

Using Ridgecrest engineering rods + Arais forged pistons with ARP rod bolts, I think it should be a solid bottom end for the 1 - 1.2 bar boost planned for it.

Still up for ideas as to which ecu to run, I got a quote for $3000 for a motec m4 unit fitted and tuned by Yager Automotive, but i think i will need the M400 to control lift + datalog.

what boost does the blitz kit run? I'd hope it's at least 1bar to take advantage of the low compression. Marks turbo setup will be done soon, my new TIG arrives from the states this week ;)

edit: just checked that kits boost... 6.4psi I hope you're turning up some new pullies before it all goes together ;)

What is the max recommended RPM for the blitz charger? how far can you overdrive it before it melts?

Edited by rollamods