Camber Kit

GAZOOM

Hi Guys,

I've searched already.

I understand that Camber kits are use to improve strearing in your car but can someone possible let me know how it works???

And if it is something worth while getting?

A Sydney retailer is strongly advising me to get a set with my lowered springs.

Thanks

GAZOOM

camber kits with the offset lobes ("camber bolts") are a dodgey way of inducing camber IMO. hit a decent enough bump and its easy to knock the bolt around and throw out the camber setting. They're just a cheap temporary solution and more often than not an easy product for suspension places to sell to increase their profit margin.

with most stock cars, there is no real way to adjust the camber as the geometry is factory set. As rollamods said, camber bolts are just a quick hack to allow u the extra degree if adjustability. factory stock cars usually only eanable you to adjust ur toe angles.

as far as i know, the corolla won'd need a camber adjustment after a lowering cause of our type of suspension, the rears are trailing torsion beams which means no camber change at all. And the fronts are strut type suspesion meaning little to no camber change with lowering.

the only reason you'll need camber bolts after a lowering is if you have double wishbone suspension with non equal length upper and lower control arms as the camber changes dramatically as the suspension compresses. this type of suspension is most commonly present on the rear of the DC5 integra, rear of VT (and newer) commodores, EG/EK honda civics....etc next time you are next to one of these cars, look at the rear wheels and see how the wheel camber changes as they hit a bump and the wheel moves up on it's arc.

hope this help (cause it's a damn lot of typing :D )

Oh, if you do get the camber bolts and dial in some neg camber, expect to see alot more wear on the inner side of your tyres. unless you use the car on track alot, it's not worth having negative camber. u'll never get the real benefit.

Edited by qkslvr