[Sydney] need to install my King lows

Dennis_ZZE122

Try jax?

the place that did mine will probably be around that price! But installing should be around $100

I'd be very interested peter to find out who has given you that quote and y u didnt get them 2 do it but paid the extra money ?

cheers

Bill

yeah mate i did mine myself... if you're confident enough to work on your car, its not too hard. took me the best part of an afternoon and alot of sweat and effort, but i got them on. im 17 and have never worked on a car, so its really not that hard... i installed king lows too - they look awesome, you won't be disappointed.

the other day i posted about changing the springs myself... heres the link:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5313

that thread has a link to a step-by-step set of instructions for changing springs on an american corolla, which is exactly the same setup to us.

you just need:

-set of car stands

-spring compressors (30 bucks from supercheap, or you can have mine for $15, used once)

-socket set

-alan keys or bits

-rubber mallet (for those ridiculously tight nuts)

-multigrips

-screwdriver

i think thats all...

one thing to note about the step-by-step instructions is that its for a sedan version of the american corolla, which differs when you come to access the rear suspension. you basically have to take out every part of your boot in the hatch to get to the top of the shocks to get them out. its not that hard, just dont be afraid to pull bits, most of it is just plastic clips which you can pop in and out. the only place to be careful is just underneath the extreme left and right of the rear seats (the thin padded bit) there is a screw to hold the sides of the boot in place. thats the only thing you have to unscrew in the boot, the rest pops off.

hope all this helps

anyway if you need help or have questions PM me

cheers,

Tom

thanks blue_rolla, but I am 100% NOT confident working on this project, better leave them for the professionals. something always happens to me, if anything goes wrong in this DIY the consequence may be huge (not just money, if you know what I mean)!! thanks for your detail description.

id email other midas franchises..best quote i got was $150 plus wheel alignments from peakhurst.

they are likely to price match other stores. duno how far ud be willing to drive tho..

id email other midas franchises..best quote i got was $150 plus wheel alignments from peakhurst.

they are likely to price match other stores. duno how far ud be willing to drive tho..

Daz, GAZOOM told me that you get yours done at MIDAS Rockdale at a cheap price. Was it done privately or thru MIDAS, ie do you have a recepit from MIDAS? i think this explain the price difference.

Try jax?

the place that did mine will probably be around that price! But installing should be around $100

I'd be very interested peter to find out who has given you that quote and y u didnt get them 2 do it but paid the extra money ?

cheers

Bill

I was told this after i had mine done!

Spind city did mine when they did my rims! I said do u know anyone who installs springs around here? They said we can do it when we fit your rims on. I said cool and so i did it! i think i paid around $150

thats not what im getting at!

Most places charge for taking the wheels off. So you would get charged double if they had to put the wheels on then take them off again. So thus cheaper doing it all in one shot!

Most places charge for taking the wheels off. So you would get charged double if they had to put the wheels on then take them off again. So thus cheaper doing it all in one shot!

$220 for install from aus best?

u can get install WITH springs for $350 from aus best:)

I recommend getting your springs fitted by a suspension specailist. They will do a proper wheel alignment that involves Camber adjustment as well as adjusting the Toe. They charge more but you will get better tyre wear.

I can recommend Greg Selby or Roadholder Suspension in Kirrawee, Sydney. He has been in Business for a long time & has heaps of track experience in all kinds of vehicles.

Daz, GAZOOM told me that you get yours done at MIDAS Rockdale at a cheap price. Was it done privately or thru MIDAS, ie do you have a recepit from MIDAS? i think this explain the price difference.

Yeh i did get it done at Rockdale- $140 inc a wheel alignment. However, upon bringing my car in the service manager advised that the price was a miscommunication and i was under-quoted for the job (to install set of coilovers and wheel alignment).

He did agree to do it at the quoted price but told me that i was getting a VERY good deal (which i already knew!)

Yes i do have the receipt. it lists the products as follows:

SERVICE LABOUR - STEER/SUSP @ $65 x 2

WHEEL ALIGN - ALIGNMENT @ $39 x 1

DISC - DISC/SUSPENSION @ -$29

TOTAL = $140

Im not sure they would give this price again.. but feel free to give them a try. Talk to John im sure he'll remember the white corolla he lowered for very cheap lol.

• 1 year later...

$220 for install from aus best?

u can get install WITH springs for $350 from aus best:)

dude r u sure it was $350 ?

i went today and they were after $450..

the guy said he's been working there for 10 years.. and never done it for $350

dude r u sure it was $350 ?

i went today and they were after $450..

the guy said he's been working there for 10 years.. and never done it for $350

You speak to Francis the Indian guy?

I think their price is $400 + $50 for a wheel alignment.

Thats what I paid for Pedders springs installed and they charged me an extra $40 to install my front and rear sway bars.

If you want cheaper I think bigos do them for $350 excluding wheel alignment but I had a bit more confidence in the guys at Aust Best.

Edited by GAZOOM

an old topic...

anyway i got it done at MIDAS Rockdale for less than $200 including wheel alignment. In fact i done it twice for my Kings and 4 months later my TRD Sportivo set. nothing wrong with them.

• 7 months later...

heya guys sorry for bringing up a rather old topic..

i'm hoping to install some king lows into my facelift hatch levin. i was quoted 480 installed including 4 wheel alignment including springs.

is that price alright?

Edited by spookz