mopiko

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Which CAI have people installed?

2) how much did you pay?

3) how did you install it?

4) and did you need to configure the ecu?

1) TRD, INJEN, AEM take your pick

2) anywhere from $330- $500

3) with a screwdriver and socket wrench

4) A simple reset of the ECU does the trick

im happy to install Injen CAI's for Melbourne ppl.. can do it in 35mins now :)

Custom jobs can be just as expensive..

Dont forget on the Stivo (im assuming your car is the stivo) you have to consider the Air Flow Sensor..

Its just easier getting a bolt on solution as they have been designed for the car..

My vote goes to Injen.. but im biased :P

http://members.optusnet.com.au/megahowler01/Stivo.wmv

that sound is from the Injen.. rest of the car is stock

didn't realise it was so expensive..

Do you know any websites or preferably places in Adelaide that sell these?

I know of penrith toyota for trd gear but the parts bit is down..

I dont think Penrith do TRD anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I have a stock 05 Sportivo as well and looking at getting a CAI - wat about legalities? Any of you guys from have any problems getting rego? Can the Pod stay exposed or will the boys in blue get :angry: ?

Custom jobs can be just as expensive..

Dont forget on the Stivo (im assuming your car is the stivo) you have to consider the Air Flow Sensor..

Its just easier getting a bolt on solution as they have been designed for the car..

My vote goes to Injen.. but im biased :P

http://members.optusnet.com.au/megahowler01/Stivo.wmv

that sound is from the Injen.. rest of the car is stock

haha good place to hit lift... right past the toyota dealers :D

Hey Guys,

I have a stock 05 Sportivo as well and looking at getting a CAI - wat about legalities? Any of you guys from have any problems getting rego? Can the Pod stay exposed or will the boys in blue get :angry: ?

CES now have a CAI for the Sportivo with 2 different options. $399 for CAI with pod filter(copy of K&N) of with a K&N for $447. Dyno proven gains over TRD CAI of approx 4kw. Intake pipe is also HPC coated to keep heat out and finished in a nice silver. Comes with all clamps, nuts, bolts and brackets to install.

Contact CES racing on 07 3200 2333 for more info. They are currently taking orders at this point in time with a few Brissy boys already signed up to get em. :D

Police can't hassle you as the filter isn't in the engine bay and is not visible at all.

Hey Guys,

CES now have a CAI for the Sportivo with 2 different options. $399 for CAI with pod filter(copy of K&N) of with a K&N for $447. Dyno proven gains over TRD CAI of approx 4kw. Intake pipe is also HPC coated to keep heat out and finished in a nice silver. Comes with all clamps, nuts, bolts and brackets to install.

Contact CES racing on 07 3200 2333 for more info. They are currently taking orders at this point in time with a few Brissy boys already signed up to get em. :D

Police can't hassle you as the filter isn't in the engine bay and is not visible at all.

This just for the sportivo or can us 1zzfe owners install one too?

I need to get something cleared, Matrix XRS CAIs would fit a sportivo right? Or how about Corolla XRS ? Sometimes the CAI model number is different between the Matrix XRS and Corolla XRS even though they are suppose to be for the same engine. how does that work?

Can people list out their CAI Brand, Model Number, performance gains nd what corolla they have?

Hey Guys,

pics, biatch :P

I bought a K&N filter that fits in my airbox, do these CAI's work with that, or did i just waste my money buying this filter?

Then where is it located? What happens to your old airbox?

Edited by neK

your old box is gone. the pod goes under your left head light.

i got my custom cai from liverpool exhaust, cost me 350 installed. love the deep sound!!

But wont you get defected from the coppers for not having an airbox?

This Post is useless without pictures :P

So does this fit into a facelift PERFECTLY ie; sits behind the foggie snuggly with the provided pod (no need to cut, modifly, bend or squeeze..)

your old box is gone. the pod goes under your left head light.

i got my custom cai from liverpool exhaust, cost me 350 installed. love the deep sound!!

But wont you get defected from the coppers for not having an airbox?

well they havent got me yet so i dunno... you cant see my pod neway. its tucked away hahah