The next big corolla Cruise - Tallowa Dam

Hey guys.

Time for the rollas to hit the streets again for a nice social day out. I have been looking around for a good spot to go to with some nice roads too. I have decided on a destination to be Tallowa Dam.

Date: Saturday 3rd June

Meetup: P6 Carpark, Homebush

Time: 10am for 10:30 depart

Destination: Tallowa dam

Tallowa dam is situated 20km west of Kangaroo Valley. It has good facilities there so we can provide another quality BBQ and everyone can have a good chat. Kangaroo Valley is just south of Wollongong.

Directions: Well its pretty simple really. From p6 Carpark, we will Turn right onto Australia ave and then turn right at the roundabout to head south on Homebush Bay Drive. We follow this all the way to the princes HWY along the way the road name changes many times. We follow the princes hwy all the way till we reach waterfall. We are then going to take a left and head into the National park for some nice tight scenic roads, and we will follow it through that new stretch of road that spans out over the ocean for some awsome veiws. This will take is then through some towns as we work our way into Wollongong. Once we reach fairy medows, there is a mcdonalds there at the roundabout. We will turn right there and head back to the princes HWY and then turn left again to head south. We will follow this all the way Until we turn right at Kangaroo Valley road. This will take us to Moss Vale road which goes through the heart of Kangaroo valley. Then we take a left onto Mount Scanzi Road which we follow for about 20km till we reach a much wanted stop at our destination; Tallowa dam.

From there we will crack open the BBQ's and enjoy a nice lunch.

Sausage sizzles will be $2 each.

Soft drink will be $1 each.

Once everyone is satisfied, we shall proceed home via the Princess HWY or Hume HWY depending on where you live. Maps will be provided on the day, but u basically cant get lost if you follow the signs.

Come along guys for an enjoyed day by all.

Last cruise organised was a fun day and complete success guys. Over 55 corollas showed up as we headed north to terrigal via old pac. No troubles by police and everyone had a great social chat.

tallowadam.jpg

tallowadam.jpg

Whos attending:

ORO-11A

FLYNSX

HRD16L

AAE92S

DIMMY

DVS - maybe

PRIZEDBNX

MRK-370

POGGY

KINGNOTHING

KAROL

JUGGALOG

MSROLA

SX_UL8R

DASECA1

FLACKY

BLUE STIVO

INIFF

EGGBERT99

BLUE_ROLLA

CORZZA

SAMI

SUP16V

DJBLAKEL

SAMZZE

GTI16V

MRKE70

4AGEROLLA

COROLLN

CUL8TA

Edited by insalubrity_macca

sounds like an awesome drive (and long)

Question though, the map shows you going up Mac Pass... Kangaroo Valley road goes from Berry to Kangaroo Valley, and it's Nowra road not Moss Vale Road ;) (at least that's what my speeding fine says)

sounds like an awesome drive (and long)

Question though, the map shows you going up Mac Pass... Kangaroo Valley road goes from Berry to Kangaroo Valley, and it's Nowra road not Moss Vale Road ;) (at least that's what my speeding fine says)

The map was just a breif run...it actually doesnt cover any of the national park run at all. But yeh... ive got a few maps here and they all say Moss vale road. And thanks for pickin up that Kangaroo valley road mistake. We can take that road, but the one im referring to is Wattamolla Road. This then joins onto Kangaroo Valley road which we take a right.

Its been discussed that some members from the Canberra chapter may be interested in hooking onto this cruise before or at the dam.

No definates at the moment but will be discussed at out meeting on the 24/4/06.

Please reply with any "fors or againsts"

After all, we don't wanna gatecrash someone elses party!

Its been discussed that some members from the Canberra chapter may be interested in hooking onto this cruise before or at the dam.

No definates at the moment but will be discussed at out meeting on the 24/4/06.

Please reply with any "fors or againsts"

After all, we don't wanna gatecrash someone elses party!

mate that would be awsome! your definatly welcome. I was gunna suggest it anyway. But yeh definatly come by, i think that would be great. Theres still probably gunna be quite a few more coming so it should be great. Just post up when you got a definate choice, as we will then be able to get a good idea of BBQ needs.

Cheers!

Hi everyone,

Seems another Tallowa Dam/Kangaroo Valley cruise has been arranged for the weekend after you guys have planned yours.

The lastest planned cruise is a charity cruise for cyclone Larry victims and looks like being attended by a few other car clubs from Canberra and Sydney.

Full details HERE

My question is this:

Are you guys going to go ahead with your cruise as planned or are you all going to postpone it a week in order to join in the larger cruise?

qood question...

this cruise is actually currently in debate... it may even be moved to the 4th of june which is ludacris...

i want to get get definate interest and i shall decide... however this cruise was organised before that cruise, and i find it peculiar how the destination and route is exactly the same as this one oganised here. So i guess this cruise will definatly still go ahead...

also the point of this cruise was majority corollas only. So therefore it wouldnt be the best idea to postpone this cruise a week later to join the so called "larger" cruise when there is cars attending other than corollas.

Im sure you guys will have a great day regardless.

this cruise is actually currently in debate... it may even be moved to the 4th of june which is ludacris...

Keep us updated. After missing the last cruise I'm hanging out for the next big one.

GUYS I AM CHANGING THE DATE OFFICIALLY TO SATURDAY THE 3RD OF JUNE. I HOPE TO SEE ALL YOU GUYS THERE TO PUT IN THE EFFORT TO COME OUT FOR A GREAT DAY. THERE HAS BEEN A BIT OF A MESS WITH THE DATES AND EVERYTHING BUT THIS IS THE SET DATE AND IM GUNNA BE THERE REGARDLESS.

Sorry guyts i know its a muck around... but due to the other posted cruise and due to so many date changes, there is too much confusion as to when this cruise should be held. There is also a bathurst corolla cruise in the upcoming weeks which is conflicting with this too.

This cruise is going to be cancelled and there will be a Big Corolla Cruise posted up soon guys... a fresh start with no date changes. May not be Tallowa dam as heading south will be cold.

:( agreed. The next one will be posted up soon mate. There shall be no confusion with this one, the date will be clear and will have plenty of time for people to organise a day off or whatever the case might be.

Keep an eye out guys, as mentioned... our last cruise was a complete success and was really really good with about 60 corollas showing up. The next one we hope will be as good!

• 2 weeks later...