ebay and CAI'S

im not going to start the whole CAI debate but im curious as to why is Injen more expensive than AEM on e-bay? arent they relativley the same? Reason is i want to buy one of the two but the shipping is so damn expensive with the Injen but why is the AEM cheaper even with shipping, cause its not as good? I have read previous posts and cant seem to find an answer so who has AEM? Will it fit an 05' without removing the foggie? I know injen you have to...Just opinions please the other posts got nasty :lol:

I have the AEM but i have a pre-facelift model, it would have been easier to put the filter on if we removed the foggie, but as hard as Dylan tried to remove the foggie it just wouldnt budge....

I dont know what the differences are, they look pretty much the same...

Item: AEM Cold Air Intake 02-04 Toyota Matrix XRS (200002716272)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

raceoptions is the seller.

Hi

I am emailing you regarding your shipping to Austrailia. With USPS global EMS [3-5 business day shipping, It will cost $85.00. This service also comes with a tracking # and will be given to you when your item is shipped. We prefer to use this carrier because it has never given us a problem. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thank you

Respond to this question

Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.

Thank you,

eBay

Details for item number: 200002716272

Item title: AEM Cold Air Intake 02-04 Toyota Matrix XRS

Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...ADME:L:RTQ:AU:1

End date: Thursday, 06 Jul, 2006 15:35:30 AEST

Marketplace Safety Tip

hi... got my aem cai of raceoptions two months ago..... it was relatively cheap.... cost me a total of AU$245 including postage..... postage was only $60US.... drop them an email and they will come down in price if you deal outside of ebay ;)

they were great to deal with....

im not going to start the whole CAI debate but im curious as to why is Injen more expensive than AEM on e-bay? arent they relativley the same? Reason is i want to buy one of the two but the shipping is so damn expensive with the Injen but why is the AEM cheaper even with shipping, cause its not as good? I have read previous posts and cant seem to find an answer so who has AEM? Will it fit an 05' without removing the foggie? I know injen you have to...Just opinions please the other posts got nasty :lol:

Check out the dyno runs for each on their respective websites. With the AEM from memory there was a drop in torque under standard setup below 3000 rpms... I'm guessing that injen don't have this drop in torque hence why they're more expensive.

thanks for the help guys yes AEM is cheaper but im guessing you get what you pay for and i have heard all good comments from both Injen and AEM so il check there web site out and make a decision that way thanks for the heads up on race options the sell both intakes :)

Out of curiosity just how much are they wanting for the AEM over the Injen and also how much are they slugging you for freight? Other members may be wanting to see the difference in prices too. :D