Badging my Car..

you need to pull the badge towards yourself sometimes the badge is friendly and comes off in one piece and leaves no glue on the panel

Edited by kcorro

before you remove the corolla badge you may like to mark out the position of it so when you replace it with a different badge it will be in the factory position.

how does it look without the side mouldings? A bit weird? I was contemplating ripping them off too but i thought there might be some holes left behind.

P.S.

When badging, dont do what i did. I did mine spur of the moment and almost ripped my fingernails off... Still, it looks good on a black car without the busy badges at the back... On the 1zz which i assume you have from your other posts you can also remove the "seca" stickers quite easily from the boot thingy,

I asked toyota to remove all of my badging bar the toyota 'round' logo on the boot. and that has now ben replaced by the Camry 'sportivo' badge (nice and black)

Although the one i did remove myself was just to leave the car outside in the sun for a bit and then carfeully pull it off without twisting it (one good thing about QLD weather :P )

The camry badging is slightly smaller than the stock chrome one,so you have to cut off the 2 pins and then line it up right and use a soft black pencil to draw the marks on where you want to stick it...then stick :)

hey guys,

i was sitting at home checking the site as i usually do n i read this particular topic bout debadging the "SECA" stickers on the boot lid thingo of my corolla..all i needed were my nails n a hot cloth it was that easy......time taken 5-10mins max...results much cleaner. I had toyota take of my ASCENT badge before it got deliverd, it looks much cleaner especially on the colour black ..i would recommend to anyone to peel'em off...looks but better..

anyways just wanted to add that....cheers :)

• 2 years later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread......

I just debadged my car and there was a fair bit of glue left behind, is my **** ****** now, or whats the best way to get it off? :o

a terry towel and eucalyptus oil from ur local super market ...... i was a bit sceptical when the guy @ repco recommended this to me but he was 110% right ...... removed everything ..... the euco oil turns the glue into a sticky gunk and as u keep rubbing it with the euco soaked terry towel the glue just gradually rubs off .....

a terry towel and eucalyptus oil from ur local super market ...... i was a bit sceptical when the guy @ repco recommended this to me but he was 110% right ...... removed everything ..... the euco oil turns the glue into a sticky gunk and as u keep rubbing it with the euco soaked terry towel the glue just gradually rubs off .....

And the the vapours take you blissfully back to the days of your primary school canteen..... :lol:

Ahh grouse, Cheers cobba will give it a go :clap:

EDIT: worked a charm :yahoo: cheers again...

Edited by Simo

To get the glue from behind the side moulding all you need to do is use your thumb to roll the glue from one end to the other, works a treat. then if the car is a little old you might have tarnishing so give it a slight cut and polish to clear it up, you may not see the tarnish unless you get below the lines and get reflection on them.

Taking it as no pictures???

I heard that it kills the sound deadening though?

Any comments

my cars not black, but ive gotten rid of the side mouldings

got no idea bout sound deadening, but id ASSume that they have absolutely NOThing to do with eachother.

DSCF1480.jpg

Edited by JJCRU23R