Looking at Camry/Aurion specific head units

nzzr6

Just looking to replace the factory stacker unit in my ZR6, and I was looking at the Camry/Aurion specific head units from this Eonon company. Does anyone have one of these units in their Aurion and can provide any feedback to how good they are? Things like:

1) Does the Eonon unit still have a in dash stacker ?

2) Is the touchscreen smooth and fluid?

3) What is the sound quality like over the factory unit?

4) Will this affect the steering wheel controls, in particular the DISP button for the optitron display?

5) Any major problems?

I'm not really interested in watching DVDs or TV so not concerned about that

Also, are there any particular differences between these two models?

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/Toyota/D5164.html

http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Players/Specific-Car-DVD/D5106.html

Thanks

Edited by nzzr6

I would think you get what you pay for.

And your paying bugger all imo.

Stick with the ones that are tried and trusted. ei: easydeals units. The new android unit looks the goods. And I would think if it wasn't George wouldn't be selling it. I'm sure some one here has already got on and is very happy with it. As are the many here with the wince based ones from easydeals.

Too many people are more than disappointed when they go for cheaper units.

I would think you get what you pay for.

And your paying bugger all imo.

Stick with the ones that are tried and trusted. ei: easydeals units. The new android unit looks the goods. And I would think if it wasn't George wouldn't be selling it. I'm sure some one here has already got on and is very happy with it. As are the many here with the wince based ones from easydeals.

Too many people are more than disappointed when they go for cheaper units.

Thanks Defyant. Could you possibly link me to those Easydeal units? I can't find anything on google.

Heres the unit from the grp buy and the one I own and am pretty happy with.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-Toyota-CAR-DVD-GPS-for-Camry-Aurion-2007-2011-models-/261009372927?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc55ef6ff

There is the newer updated version running Android. ( do some research) im sure I seen it listed on his site.

Keep an eye on this thread im waiting on a response.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/42632-aftermarket-headunit-for-iphone-5/

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll take a look

@Defyant yeah I was already keeping an eye on that thread because I thought $270 AU was a bit cheap for a decent HU but I had heard recommendations about it

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll take a look

@Defyant yeah I was already keeping an eye on that thread because I thought $270 AU was a bit cheap for a decent HU but I had heard recommendations about it

If you feel you can trust the recommendations then go for it , im sure a lotta ppl here would love the option to pu a bargain.

as said above

I would personally stay away from these cheap units ,had one it was out the first week, crap sound quality cheap buttons you name it basically RUBBISH in every way PAID $550

but that's my a pinion the rest is up to you ,other people will say its good ,but if you don't care about sound quality and everything else then you shouldn't worry about noting

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-Toyota-CAR-DVD-GPS-for-Camry-Aurion-2007-2011-models-/261009372927?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc55ef6ff

There is the newer updated version running Android. ( do some research) im sure I seen it listed on his site.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/42632-aftermarket-headunit-for-iphone-5/

Hey Defyant, you're pretty happy with it as you said, what sort of speakers are you running? I'm assuming you've upgraded them all since almost nothing on your car is still virgin.

Hey Defyant, you're pretty happy with it as you said, what sort of speakers are you running? I'm assuming you've upgraded them all since almost nothing on your car is still virgin.

I went for the response 6 x 9 kevlars in the back and the cheapie 50 buck ones up front. I always max bias the volume to the back with a hint @ the front, So this combo with a 600w amp works really well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey dudes

Ill jump in too. Bro I just bought that Eonon D5164. I have a mate that got one off the the seller on eBay. I think extreme ltd or something to that nature. He is very happy with it and say it does everything on the vids. Only thing is if your used to looking at your LCD or iPad at home the res is bearable but I wouldn't be trying blueray torrents etc.

Also beware buying from the American site man. Firstly 90cent a dollar at the mo bro people forget that pretty quickly from resent history with shipping not saving much.

Main reason extreme have 12 month AUSTRALIAN warranty . Not waiting 2 months for answer on fault equipment.

Pm me me mate and I will send you this sellers phone number.

Good guy only one of all the ads on eBay has talked to in person.

Hope it helps I will b installing on Friday and will check back

Drew out!!

Unit just rocked up today but i leave for the desert in a few hours so I will endeavour to install it in a few days. In first inspection it looks the real deal and everything is here and in top physical condition.

Stay tuned....

Unit just rocked up today but i leave for the desert in a few hours so I will endeavour to install it in a few days. In first inspection it looks the real deal and everything is here and in top physical condition.

Stay tuned....

Hey Drew,

Have you installed the Eonon D5164? Hows the sound quality of the head unit?

Nah bro had to go up to the hole a bit early.

Misses said everything is as it should be in the box so off to a better start then some already

Home from work Tuesday night so Wednesday jobs on!

Ill do a little video review if ya want mate.

Misses said everything is as it should be in the box so off to a better start then some already

Thanks Drew, a video review will be great,

I am trying to find out the sound quality of the eonon head unit compare to the original Toyota/fujitsu 6 stacker head unit.

Right guys the Eonon head unit is in and I am very happy with for a number of reasons.

First off installation. Took me bout 2 hours with a smoko of course. Would have been sooner bout I left one of the mounting bolt out. Easy to wire up

3 in to 1 set up.

Sound quality......

Yep she is a winner, very surprised ,easily keeps up and surpasses the stock 2010 ZR6 unit.

Lots of EQ options along with the prospect of amp/sup combo or even two independent head rest units. Should be enough to keep the kids busy. BUT remember can't have both haha.

Radio doesn't miss a beat.

Not Digital but still comes up with station names etc

Now DVD.....

When you first set up your unit go to your setting and turn the brake sensor OFF.

This will save a lot of WTF moment later when it won't show your picture while drive.

After that sort I was impress in what the picture looks like.

For a 800x480 screen it's looks good and he anti glare coating helps a lot, when the sun finally decided to show up.

Ok misses iPod nano and classic work great. But not my 30 pin ipad 3. Booooooo

USB works up to 16 gig although it had troubles with the misses Kingston 8 giger.

Haven't tried the AUX..... Don't need it

Maps are simple but they work even arrow faces in right direction.

" I ran my antenna through to back off fire wall some where on the passenger side"

Have not used them much but worked good when I went to the shops.

Mini sd card works no worries 16 gig also.

And all the Bluetooth options work with my galaxy 4 and the misses Nokia lumia 820

And all the other options like backgrounds logo lights etc. all work just as described.

If you guys are after a unit like these I can get a 10 percent discount at extreme electronix.com or off his store on eBay for I think $404 at the mo.

Any questions fire away.

Some pics

post-33395-0-77096800-1375865281_thumb.j

post-33395-0-99010500-1375865313_thumb.j

post-33395-0-48910100-1375865350_thumb.j

post-33395-0-35770900-1375865390_thumb.j

post-33395-0-10104000-1375865427_thumb.j

post-33395-0-96449000-1375865468_thumb.j

post-33395-0-00128100-1375865709_thumb.j

post-33395-0-78502400-1375865767_thumb.j

• Like 2

Okay ran into a little wall today but I have found the solution pretty fast.

If anyone buys, installs and uses the d5164d

It is important before using the NAV system make sure to follow these short Instructions.

Drew

post-33395-0-82581000-1376027458_thumb.j

post-33395-0-46013200-1376027471_thumb.j

post-33395-0-56060800-1376027482_thumb.j

Right guys the Eonon head unit is in and I am very happy with for a number of reasons.

Did you have any problems with factory reverse camera or steering wheel controls Drew?

**** thank you I almost forgot.

The reverse camera doesn't work on mine but it is just an issue of follow the camera wires from gear selector and there are three loose wires. Reverse selector and positive/ negative camera itself . I don't really know what I'm doing but my mate did it in about 10 mins. Ill ask when I see him.

The steering wheel controls work great althought I don't know if there is enough buttons to map all the option. Even better than stock interface,. There is no lag with track changing with wheel ( even using Bluetooth music).

Hop that helps