[ANNUAL] - 2014 - Toyota Nationals or Brisvegas

Location for 2014 TOCAU Annual Meet  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello TOCAU peeps,

IT'S TIME

To discuss plans for next years annual meet

I'll keep it short and sweet

OPTION 1 - Toyota Nationals

http://www.toyota-nationals.org.au/

Everyone will have to drive to Dubbo. Myself and one other NSW member will arrange the accommodation for all

OPTION 2 - TOCAU Annual Meet in Brissy

This would be upto to our fellow QLD peeps to organise.

This is just a discussion on where the even will be held next year. Once decided, I'll open up an new thread to work out particulars :)

Peace out

Where's the "Both" option? :P

The traditional accommodation for Nationals is the Matilda Motor Inn, they reserve large chunks of the motel for Nationals entrants (if you ring up and try and book as an ordinary tourist they will say that they are full) plus provide security in the carpark as well as extra parking for the trailer queens. This tends to book out quite early though (a lot of people book a year in advance), so if we want to stay in a big group I suggest either getting in to the Matilda early or finding somewhere else.

Can I vote petes house? Kekekekekekekke

Looks like someone wants his frog cleaned...

Can I vote petes house? Kekekekekekekke

Looks like someone wants his frog cleaned...

Non.

I'm up for either, hopefully I'll have my Caldina by they (yes you can all hate now I'm getting a Caldina).

Whenever I see a post of ur car Ken all I think of is Kermit the frog singing "it's not easy being green" :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Either. Ill be keen. Thinking of entering Toyota nationals as well.

Do it,

I might finally get around to entering this year too, depending on the state of the cars. Been meaning to for a few years now...

Hi to everyone!

I'm new to the clan, slowly spreading my computer wings. I was following the discussion about the location of the 2014 meet. I can't offer much constructive advice as I have never attended the Dubbo meet, therefore I can't compare or comment. I am one of the organisers of the All Japanese Classic Day in February and the All Japanese Day in June, which are annual events held in Brisbane. Our June event attracts about 600 japanese vehicles, with the numbers increasing each year. It is held on the Queens Birthday long weekend of June (08/06/14). We would be more than happy for our event to be included as part of the 2014 Nationals, should this be of benefit to you. I do know that a Show & Shine is always held somewhere so where better than the beautiful surrounds of the Earnshaw State College? Anyway, just a thought and something to throw into the consideration pile!

Cheers

Allan

• 3 months later...

Any updates on this event?

I'm keen for a drive up north :)

Me too not entirely sure if this will go ahead, organising an annual meet is not something I've done before, if someone more senior and knowledgeable than I would like to organise it and need my help more than happy :)