playing mp3's via folder option

aurion2k8

G'day guys,

I can play mp3’s in my aurion via the cd player, but I can get the cd player to recognise folders. Say for example, last night I dragged and dumped two of my favourite albums (in their respective folders) from my PC on to a CD-R, but when I inserted the disc in the car the display read ‘NO MUSIC’.

Can anyone tell me how to create an mp3 cd with folders so that I can play it in the car & use the folder button to toggle between different folders?

Thanks!

G'day guys,

I can play mp3’s in my aurion via the cd player, but I can get the cd player to recognise folders. Say for example, last night I dragged and dumped two of my favourite albums (in their respective folders) from my PC on to a CD-R, but when I inserted the disc in the car the display read ‘NO MUSIC’.

Can anyone tell me how to create an mp3 cd with folders so that I can play it in the car & use the folder button to toggle between different folders?

Thanks!

Hey aurion2k8

All my discs have folders and everything works fine. Great in fact. I used the "make an mp3 cd" option in my burning program rather than just make a data cd. The mp3 option seems to include a playlist text file that must make all the difference. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Have had no problems either. I did it a different way by creating a data disk using AShampoo. Simply sorted out what albums and tracks I wanted and simply burnt them to a CDR. If you want to get tecko and have them in some sort of oder you can number each folder in which order you want to burn them EG

01. Joe Satriani

02. Chris Rea

03. 3 Doors Down

04. Faith Hill & Tim Mcgraw

and even the track in the same manner

Any questions drop me a pm ... be only to pleased to help you

G'day guys,

Thanks!

Also, don't forget that the disc has to be "closed" (can't add data later) before the player would find the files.

Cheers

some MP3 players wont read folders in folders eg,

Main

---| song_1

---| song_2

---| Folder_1

------------|song_1

------------|song_2

---| Folder_2

------------|Folder_2_1

------------------|song_2_1

------------------|song_2_2

All the grean bit, ur cd player will read and all the red bit some MP3s wont read.

so u better of to putting all the songs in just single folder, dont put folders in folder