Side Steps

Blackkluger

I noticed today my genuine toyota side steps are not installed right. The left one is higher than the right side? Anyone else noticed this as well on their ones?

I measured the space between the car and the step, and there is a difference...

I noticed today my genuine toyota side steps are not installed right. The left one is higher than the right side? Anyone else noticed this as well on their ones?

I measured the space between the car and the step, and there is a difference...

Blackkluger,

Mine are totally centred and I'm very happy with them.

But the first pair fitted upon the vehicle delivery to me had a fault in them that I noticed 20 mins after pickup.

As I was only 2 ks away I drove back to the dealer and they agreed/apologised and placed an order for a replacement. The fleet mgr even offerred his own dealership car for the day that replacements would be fitted.

The problem whilst not the same as yours, but worth noting for ALL GEN KLUGER SIDE STEP OWNERS.

The black rubber step inserts that slot into/on the chrome tube have two thin ramset style pins that lock them in.

One at the front and one at the rear of the moulded insert.

On mine the rear pin on both front driver and front passenger side were sitting freely and the insert was not tightly pinned down even when pressed. It could be lifted enable debri to get in and it could trip you on the front of your shoe.

The replacements were fine.

Now if the car was out of warranty and they lifted. 5min Selleys Araldite would fix it quite easy.

I mentioned my problem to them, and they will look at it when its in next, there is slight rust where the 7pin plug bracket has been welded to the towbar, i think they didnt paint it in there, they going to sand it back and spray it.