engine oil

A friend of mine just recently ran his car ( a 2zzge feilder out of oil), just 1 mth after a complete service.

I just want to know what's the best grade of type of engine oil that u all think i should be using, plus i want to change out the gear oil and want to know which is best on the market. :help::help:

A friend of mine just recently ran his car ( a 2zzge feilder out of oil), just 1 mth after a complete service.

I just want to know what's the best grade of type of engine oil that u all think i should be using, plus i want to change out the gear oil and want to know which is best on the market. :help::help:

Hey buddy..its really up to u, i recommend following the specs req for ur car...OH complying with ur budget too..mine uses 10w40 engine oil,i personally use REdline engine oil($120.00 all up) & gearbox oil($106. for a gallon/3.78ltr),i love full synthetic oils (& i use the same oils for racing too)the gearbox oil i use is the Lightweight shockproof (Blue color) the reason i use this the properties i feel exceed the recommended specs from toyota & ive also reduced service time by using quality parts..

Stick to ur budget,I work for a automotive reseller in perth ,ive used every oil on the market from Castrol, Penrite,Valvoline,Fuchs to Shell,prices from $25 plus to $130..Its really up to you & wat ur comfortable with.

How did your mates car run out of oil? I would be more concerned about that befre u go putting more stuf in.

I used Mobil 1 a while ago but it sounded a bit noisy from the tappets. I just used the stuf Toyota put in it after that.

How did your mates car run out of oil? I would be more concerned about that befre u go putting more stuf in.

I used Mobil 1 a while ago but it sounded a bit noisy from the tappets. I just used the stuf Toyota put in it after that.

'run in an engine' is to safely 'cure' the internals of the engine by not stressing the engine by not exceeding a specified rev range.once hes 'run' his engine in,He can drive it normally or with 'less caution' hahahha