Ground Wires

Hi Guys,

i realised that my corolla runx (sportivo), there are several wires which run from the battery that are grounded.. i was told this is done to improve performance... can some one explain how this works or provide me a link with the xplanaiton..

thanks

ok i found an explanation so FYI

How does it work?

In any electrical system, electric current flows from the positive terminal to the electrical components, and back to the battery through the negative terminal. However, the way that the factory (stock) grounds are set up, the electrons must travel through the steel and/or aluminum components in the car to complete the circuit, which creates much electrical resistance (steel/aluminum are not the best materials for electrical conductivity). This resistance disturbs the flow of electricity to a degree that electrical components such as the ECU, lights, spark plugs, etc. cannot perform at maximum efficiency. In order to get the highest performance out of any automobile, it is necessary to achieve an efficient flow of electricity with the least resistance along its electrical circuit. By providing a direct ground path using highly conductive 99.99% pure copper, this electrical resistance is reduced greatly (as much as 10 times!), resulting in an ultra-low resistance ground path. In short, Hyper Ground System affects the electrical system similar to how a high performance intake & exhaust system affects the mechanical system, by scavenging power which would otherwise be lost due to system inefficiencies.

I installed a HID conversion kit on my car..1 is yellow and 1 is blue white.. the yellow bulb and ballast i took it and install it into my cousins car n it was completely ok..

could this be a grounding problem?

sorry for hijacking ur thread :P

post-5258-1194155059_thumb.jpg

Edited by J e r e M y