07 corolla Light replacement & leveling clarification

Hi all,

got an urgent questions

I just tried to fit teh mtec cosmos blue into the car and accidentally scratch abit of the surface while tryin to fit in a narrow place.

Does that matter?, It works now but will it die out or explode? Or will it actually die on start if its become a bad globe?

Also, about the level system. Normally its on level 0, when you moved from 0 to 5, does the lights point further down to the road or raises up?? I cannot remember and i just wanna make sure everything is working fine.

The globes dont seem to be that bright at all, maybe its still daytime, i'll take it for a drive around the block when it gets dark to see if its safe.

Thanks in advance

Not sure about your first question.

As for your second, 0 is the highest. I keep it at 0 all the time, the lights don't penetrate as far as the Camry, even with 0.

Ok, that means my leveling system works fine.

yeh, they seem to be not high

I m worry about the bulbs, me and my friend thinks its not bright enought compare to the standard stock. It may get dangerous. But have to see what happends in the dark. It may jsut be the daylight affecting it.

the bulb should be ok~

but you need to know the cosmos blue are just going to be bluer then stock. they are not gonna be brighter then stock. it won't light up the road as well as stock yellow. BUT i've found my mtec super whites (4350K) light up a dark road quite well.. but in lit roads, it's not as good =)

Also, when you park side by side with a car with standard factory yellow lights, you'll notice the standard lights will light up the road alot more then your cosmos blue. =)

Not sure about your first question.

As for your second, 0 is the highest. I keep it at 0 all the time, the lights don't penetrate as far as the Camry, even with 0.

Ok, that means my leveling system works fine.

yeh, they seem to be not high

I m worry about the bulbs, me and my friend thinks its not bright enought compare to the standard stock. It may get dangerous. But have to see what happends in the dark. It may jsut be the daylight affecting it.

Well... from my experience with mtec halogens

I found that the bulb is alot brighter then the stock if you look at the car with only one side changed

and about the issue that the length not reaching as much distance as the stock is a normal thing, i usually use my high beams wen there arnt cars round :lol:

o yea the scratch should b fine, just aslong as you havnt touched the actual globe itself

thanks for teh reply so far guys

came back from a night drive, they dont lit the road as good as stock yellow but from outside, it looks lot brighter and cooler.

the problem i m noticing now is the driver's side haedlight dont seem to project the same height level with the other side.

Is that something to do with the headloght alignment??

They seem to produce abit of heat too. I can still feel the heat on the headlight casing after i turned them off. Anyone notice that?

bulbs do produce a bit of heat, i believe that's normal.

as for driver side not projecting as far, would that be because you're sitting in the driver's seat? hence more weight in the front RHS, so more of a dip in th RHS headlamp.

although i don't experience this in my 05 levin, but i do experience the same thing in my 01 camry. in the camry the passenger side light projects further then the driver side.

bulbs do produce a bit of heat, i believe that's normal.

as for driver side not projecting as far, would that be because you're sitting in the driver's seat? hence more weight in the front RHS, so more of a dip in th RHS headlamp.

although i don't experience this in my 05 levin, but i do experience the same thing in my 01 camry. in the camry the passenger side light projects further then the driver side.

yeh, i m still worry about the bulbs melting the harness that people have been talking about. People who installed it couldnt actually verified it.

As for the light projecting, it makes sense but i m still recieve problem when i have 2 peopel on the passenger side and only me on the drivers side.

I'm not 100% sure about this but isn't the drivers side lights a little lower as not to blind oncomming traffic. For example, you drive on the left lane and oncomming traffic passes on your right hence the lights on the right side of the car (drivers side) would be a little lower to compensate.

A for the bulb replacement I am heading in the HID direction as our Corolla's has projectors and height adjustment to avoid the watchful eyes of the police.

Anyone here with teh 07 corolla could do a quick test about the light projecting??

I am driving an 07 corolla and no problems so far. As for the quick test I think that I explained it before...