Camry '07 Sportivo Shift knock

mikie_au

Does anyone else have a '07 camry sportivo i bought one around 2 months ago now and when i changed to reverse i get a big clunk noise and when i change back into drive i get the same noise but a bit softer.

When i took it in for the first service the center said it was normal. Was wondering if anyone else had this problem :rolleyes:

** quick edit **

Just a quick question as well, does anyone know about putting a OEM GPS system into the sportivo if they didnt get it standard when they bought the car

im talking about this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08-TOYOT...bayphotohosting

Edited by mikie_au

hey, id get the same problem, but only when i shift 1 to 2, but its proberly because i didnt place gears in properly? but then again if i didnt place gears in properly why would it be in gear? lol, servicers said its normal too, and with the unit, im getting an after market one, just because its got dvd and more power output :)

hey, id get the same problem, but only when i shift 1 to 2, but its proberly because i didnt place gears in properly? but then again if i didnt place gears in properly why would it be in gear? lol, servicers said its normal too, and with the unit, im getting an after market one, just because its got dvd and more power output :)

I have an auto and when i shift to Reverse it makes a massive clunk when i start to reverse not when i put it in gear but when i actually start moving.

Yea i would get an aftermarket but i want the car to look all natural! hehe! I'm just wondering if i buy one from the US ebay if its going to work here cause they want to charge me $4000 for it so no way am i gonna do that!

• 3 weeks later...

nah nothing with the us is goin help ya, their driving seat is on the left and ours are on the right. their handbrake is located closer to them whereas our handbrakes are closer to passengers. but yeh, thats manual, forgot you guys got legbrake peddals. have you talked to service team? tell em, they should fix it for you, still under warranty!