Weird problem

czaja74

I have weird problem with a door I guess. Here is the problem. Headlights are on, engine off I open the driver door and the lights won’t switch off as they normally would. Also when unlock the car remotely and open the driver door few seconds later cars locks by itself. It seems like system not recognising that driver door is being open. However dome lights and ignition key illumination work without any problems. Any suggestions?

First things first, when you open your driver's door, does the door light illuminate on the dash? If not, it could possibly be the pin switch on the drives side door that is playing up.

First things first, when you open your driver's door, does the door light illuminate on the dash? If not, it could possibly be the pin switch on the drives side door that is playing up.

I didnt pay much attention to it. You are right the switch is playing up. Sometimes it works sometimes doesnt. I Will have to pop to dealer tomorrow and get new one. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Orrrrrrrrr...

You can just clean it, like everyone else? Take it out, clean it up... put it back on mate.

Can the switch be taken apart? Hmmm off to car give it a go :ninja:

Edit: Sprayed a bit of W40 and it works like dream. Thanks guys.

Edited by czaja74

No worries mate.

WD40 will help, dunno if it'll solve it for the rest of it's life though. Normally dirt and grit just get caught up in them. I saw a writeup once on ToyotaNation a couple of weeks ago, seemed straight forward but yeah, helped with the issue.