Oppinions Wanted! 50k Service 2003 Sportivo

Hey everyone,

Im at a mild dillema....

My Sportivo is sitting at 48k now and im going to do the 50k service on her. I went to my local Toyota dealer and im up for $160 bucks plus.

Now the thing is , as per my service manual all this involves is an oil and filter change and an overall inspection of tyres , wheels , brakes , suspension and engine belts , steering and driveshaft boots etc.

I can competently complete this myself in a half hour at home with a beer and oil and filter of my choice but i won't get the stamp but will have alot more money.

What would you guys do?

Super Extended Lifetime Warranty !!

:P :P :P

Depends on what you are after. Mine is like yours, about 6 years but I still get it serviced every 5000KMs and have my books stamped though not by Toyota. A qualified mechanic with an ABN number using Genuine Toyota parts should suffice even when it is under warranty. I just like a record which should also help my resale, should i ever choose to sell in future.

I don't mind paying someone to work on my car as long as I know what was done to it and with a mech I trust. I'll end up going thru the car myself anyways one way or the other not because I am checking his work but more for DIY stuff :P

:)

Some money cannot be saved! :lol:

well as it stands mines serviced every 5 but im only going to stamp it as required in the book so i do the 5k oil and filter myself as it's to friggen exy , my mates workshop will do it for 50 bucks if i provide oil and filter , so thats sweet cause i will get my stamp and save some dorrahs