SatNav with CD stacker

jps137

I am starting to think I will need a SatNav for my Corolla, but I don't want to lose the in dash stacker (I could accept going down from 6 to 4 but was looking for a cheaper option than the Toyota full in dash unit). I have tried a few shops and websites and been unable to find any in dash stackers and only Pioneer and Kenwood appear (the salesmen have not been too confident) to offer a double din SatNav with seperate CD stacker option.

Does anyone know of suitable units out there?

I don't want a portable SatNav unit because I do not want to have to hide or carry the unit when parked outside

I am after something brand name as I am looking for reliability

I don't need/want DVD playback as I have a loungeroom for watching movies and most of the time it is only me in the car anyway

My budget is enough to consider the Toyota in dash unit

Edited by jps137

Eclipse AVN4420p (or the Toyota unit) + iPod kit + 80Gb iPod video (thereby eliminating any need for messing about with CD). It'd work out much cheaper than the 200 wide Toyota Sat Nav unit and it still does video playback from the iPod if needed as well as allow you to do all the normal stuff you would with the TomTom like insert speed camera alerts etc and adds Bluetooth telephone (if you don't have one already). And if you're planning to change cars and you need navi, you can also undock the TomTom and take it with you in the other car.

Best way to get an iPod is go through the Apple web site and buy a refurbished unit. That way you get the warranty that goes along with a new but without the new prices and also no one wants a iPod video being "old school". Easy to put into the glovebox and you have an instant CD stacker without the stacker bit.

Eclipse AVN4420p (or the Toyota unit) + iPod kit + 80Gb iPod video (thereby eliminating any need for messing about with CD). It'd work out much cheaper than the 200 wide Toyota Sat Nav unit and it still does video playback from the iPod if needed as well as allow you to do all the normal stuff you would with the TomTom like insert speed camera alerts etc and adds Bluetooth telephone (if you don't have one already). And if you're planning to change cars and you need navi, you can also undock the TomTom and take it with you in the other car.

Best way to get an iPod is go through the Apple web site and buy a refurbished unit. That way you get the warranty that goes along with a new but without the new prices and also no one wants a iPod video being "old school". Easy to put into the glovebox and you have an instant CD stacker without the stacker bit.

Thanks but I wanted to avoid having to use an i-pod, I still use CD's rather than downloads also don't want the hassle of having to take the sat nav with me

Edited by jps137

You don't have to download to use an iPod. iTunes converts your CDs to MP3. That way your CD collection stays at home safely (and covered by contents insurance)

The Tomtom I rarely take out and even then, it's in the glovebox but at least it'd be less inviting than a non-removable screen setup. But horses for courses... it's my solution and it works for me. Hope others can provide more answers.

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

My Name Is George,

I Work for Easy Park Australia we are Importers of High End Car audio Products .

I have noticed that Some of the Members have Questions in relation to adding or Upgrading car Audio Systems

We can offer a discount on our products to members of the Toyota club ,so feel free to ask any questions in relation to our products we are happy to help .

All our systems are specifically designed to work with all OEM featuresof toyota so you will retain all factory features such as Sterering wheel controls etc. and NO CUTTING OF WIRES ALL Systems COME with PLUG AND PLAY HARNESS READY .

Remember you get what you pay for and with our products you save over 50% of retail price .

Please feel free to visit our Site http://www.easyparkaustralia.com.au/shop-m...ergraded-audio/

We are offering a system for the following vehicles LANDCRUISER 100 - 200 SERIES, PRADO ,RAV4 , HILUX ,KLUGER PART NUMBER #7523

THE MEMBER PRICE $1299 INCLUDING GST

WE ALSO KEEP SYSTEMS FOR CAMRY ,AURION,COROLLA, YARIS

I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED AS TO ANY NEW OFFERS

George