Cant find my OBD2 Port

Hi guys, I've been looking for ages and I cant seem to find my OBD2 port. Its a vienta 96 model if your wondering.

Not sure about 96 model but next model ie: 98 -2000 OBD2 port is in the engine bay passenger side up towards fire wall, looks a bit like another fuse box maybe yours is the same.By the way I dought it will be OBD2 compliant, probably only pinned out to meet Toyotas own specs like mine.

Pretty sure OBD-II compliance wasnt compulsory in Aus until 2006. And even that is just what I heard, but it could well be that it still isn't compulsory. I haven't been able to find any particularly concrete evidence that it is.

So, that considered, theres probably a very good chance your car isn't OBD-II compliant anyway, and probably just uses some sort of proprietry Toyota interface for collecting data, even on the off chance that the plug itself looks the same. My old car (2000 Lancer) had an OBD-II type plug like any other, but as it used a proprietry Mitsubishi interface, it could only work with Mitsubishi's own testers, and certain other really, really expensive universal testers that could somehow talk to the Lancer's ECU.

Oh, as an added point, a mate of mine had a 95 or 96 (probably not much difference anyway) Celica, and the diagnostic port for that was under the hood somewhere. It wasn't, however, the same type of plug as an OBD-II port.

Edited by Paradigm