Fuel Economy of 200 series Land Cruiser Turbo Diesel V8

Dear all

I have had a 200 series Land cruiser 4.5 TTD since September 2008. During that time I've towed a van on long trip, run around town and done plenty of short day trips. Fuel econmoy has varied from 15.5 litres/100 km whilst towing a 2 tonne van to 11.2 litres/100 km around town. Last weekend I drove to Sydney and back for a total of 1585 kms and used a total on 160 litres of fuel. This returned the spectacular figuers of 10.1 litres/100kms. The vehicle had three adults on board and their luggage and no roofracks. I drove most of time in cruise control but also did about 80 kms in Sydney traffic. I'm impressed. Personally I think the use of cruise control is a major factor in improving fuel economy. Anecdotally I've compared fuel economy with and without and its always better with cruise control.

Have other 200 series TTD owners been watching their fuel economy and seen how it varies under different circumstances?