How to change fuel filter on 98 7AFE corolla

Hey all

So I need to change the fuel filter on my 98 7AFE corolla. The manual from what I read doesn't mention where the fuel filter is located but then I've read its near the tank/back seat area. I had a look in the bay and guessing maybe it's right in front of the passenger seat.

Has anyone changed this themselves? Any tips on best to do it to get to it. Because if it's where I think it is, there are a few things in the way

The clips on youtube seem pretty straight forward in changing it. Just wondering best way to go about it on this type of rolla

Thanks

:huh:

the fuel filter is located in the engine bay under the charcoal canister agianst the firewall on the left side

you will need a 17mm socket and extention and ratchet 1/2" or 3/8" drive a 14mm pipe spaner or crows foot to suit 3/8 ratchet and 2x 10mm bolt hold it to a bracket on the firewall

the 14mm flare nut under the fuel filter can be difficult to loosen and can also be tight to undo

on 17mm bango fitting on top of filter be sure to replace wahers on top and bottom of fitting

when fitting new filter be sure to start 14mm flare nut to bottom of filter before securing 2x10mm bolts of bracket

hope this helps

ill get back to you tomorrow on rrp but my price is my price i could maybe give you the trade price but once again my price is my price but $70 for a none gen part seems a bit steep for any service item eg oil air or fuel filters spark plugs even none gen brake pads are only like 40-70 for bendix and ferrodo

ill get back to you tomorrow on rrp but my price is my price i could maybe give you the trade price but once again my price is my price but $70 for a none gen part seems a bit steep for any service item eg oil air or fuel filters spark plugs even none gen brake pads are only like 40-70 for bendix and ferrodo

do you know if $30 for the air filter of this rolla seems about right for non OEM

do you know if $30 for the air filter of this rolla seems about right for non OEM

yeah that doesnt seem to bad but k&n are only $50 odd and gen are about the same but not 100% sure on those prices i can findout genuine prices but not today its sunday and its night

not to all readers of this when it comes to air filters on a turbo/supercharged vehile only get high quality none gen or gen air filters as ive seen a none gen air filter go through turbos before not a cheap bill for that customer as it was a LC200 and VG (varible geometry) turbos arnt cheap like $4500 each