Kluger fuel filter

Darryn

I have been informed by my toyota service dealer that every 80,000 kms the fuel filter in my 2008 Kluger needs replacing and that it is in the tank, a time consuming, and costly experience.

Is there step by step information on how to do this myself ? I have time on my side !

Cheers Darryn

• 1 month later...

Hi Newbie,

I can only help insofar as I watched the mechanic do mine.

He removed the passenger side 2nd row seat completely from the car, folded back the carpet and removed a panel in the floor, and there was another panel which I guess was in the top of the tank with some leads coming from it.

From there I couldn't see what was happening, but I reckon he then had access to the filter.

Hope that helps, but wait until the 100,000 service where the plugs get changed.... I just had that done last week and apparently access to the (very expensive) plugs, necessitates removal of a fair bit of gear to get to them, hence a fairly tricky job. I should be right now as far as services go for a while!

That doesn't sound tricky and time consuming. In my Celica GT4 I had to remove the fuel tank to get to the filter :blink: Usually you can access them via a panel in the boot or somewhere as mayhewga described.

Wonder if that means the 80k and 100k are not covered by the Toyota Service Advantage then? Or if there is an additional charge for the major items? I will have to look into that....

**Edit** Just checked the website and Service Advantage only covers first 3 years or 60,000km whichever comes first. Looks like the expensive services come after that!!

Edited by Matty P