traction control,hill holder

CROCO

Hi everyone, im just curious does anyone elses kluger sometimes pauses when you got it in drive and the vsc light comes on and you hear a beeping, it mainly does when you have reversed and then selected drive on a slope or angle , Im not sure if its the traction control kicking in or if its the hill holder, if its has one equiped, mine only 2wd so im not sure if the hill holder only equiped on awd models, im also want to know what happens when the traction control kicks in, do you lose power until you gain traction or do you get continuas power and acceleration and more traction, do you hear any beepers or warning lights light up, I have found that the traction in the 2wd pretty good until yesterday when I wanted to takeoff in a bit of a hurry to get through a intersection and I broke traction, when the wheels started spin I eased of the acellerator, but every time I feathed the peddle to gain more power, it brock traction, which made a bit dangerous crossing a busy intersection, it had just started to rain so the road would be a bit greasy, no light on the dash came on or beeper sounded,so thats why im curious how the traction control works.

Hi David... Not exactly sure how to describe it but you should find something here...

http://www.google.com.au/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGNI_en-GBAU482AU482&q=how+traction+control+works

Before my Kluger I had a fwd Camry that had traction control but never experienced any slipping on take off. Fwd's do not like power take off's in wet weather and accomodating that trait in driving manner is a good idea. The power of that engine would not help matters either :spiteful: .

Being a taller and much heavier vehicle I have changed my driving style because suv's just do not handle like sedans.

Thanks barney , I got a bit of a idea of how the traction control works now, I still dont no if any light comes or a beeper sounds, Im also not sure if you have to put your foot down hard to make the traction control kick in or not.

Probadly my biggest question is why does the car pause some time when go from reverse to drive and the beeper sounds and the vsc light flashes, I forgot to mention that when you shift in out of drive into park the beeper sounds and the vsc light flashes, I dont know if it is normal or not, its done it from the day I have owned it.

I cant remember if when I test drove the other kluger if it did it or not I cant remember, hopefully its normal and theres nothing wrong with my car.