Stuck CD

Digga

My wife was attempting to insert a new cd and the stacker (17819) accepted it but then from that point on the stacker has been unusable. It doesn't respond to the load or eject buttons. When the car igniition is turned on there are orange lights that flash for a few seconds.

I have taken it to a car audio shop and they said nothing can be done about it and that Toyota need to fix it. I took it to my local Toyota dealership and they want $400 for a new unit including installation.

Is there a cheaper option?

Hi troy, the orange surrounds flashing means wait and when it flashes green means insert the cd, I have heard a few horrier stories of people not waiting to the surround to flash green and then having a cd jammed in the mechanism, is the cd stacker a one that goes under the seat or is it the one in the head unit, if its the one one in the head unit think $400 for new one and instalation is pretty good, personally I think the only option is to take you car to your local toyota dealer and get them to take the head unit out and send it away to the manufacturer or get a new head unit, you might be lucky and find somone that might be able disemble the unit and get the cd out, but I think your chances are pretty slim.

Sorry mate I couldnt be more help, there a few guys on the toyota owners club forum that work in the car industry and some work for toyota, they might know more than me, they might of had fixed somone elses problem aswell, who knows, anyway mate let us know how you get on.

You can look for a bargain on ebay and install it yourself. (if you find the same head unit that is)

you can also try assembling the current head unit in the car.