CAI for 1zz-fe

Hey guys I wanted your opinion on something.. I own a 2005 Corolla hatch 1zz-fe engine..

I was considering getting a CAI system for the car.. Now I know its not a sportivo so should I really bother with it? The one I had in mind was an AEM branded CAI system this is the link of the place & price.. These guys will supply & install:

http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/product/10590/intake-cold-air-intakes-&-short-ram-intakes--aem-cold-air-intake-system.html

I already have a drop box K&N filter in the car.. I was just after a bit of performance, was wondering if this would be worth doing it or not.. They reckon u will feel an increase in power but I dunno! Has anyone had any experience with this CAI on a 1zz-fe engine?

Thanks guys :D

You may feel a bit more response through some rev ranges but you can't really feel a power difference. People say you can't feel a difference if its less than a 10% gain. I personally wouldn't bother but it's up to you in the end.

Response is noticeable over 4000rpm with a 2.75" inguard CAI and 2.25" exhaust with high flow cat and magnaflow turbo muffler on my old 1zzfe powered zze122r.

The engine revved freely to redline, but not sure if it made more power, maybe 1-2HP?

When the car on the market, the CAI was removed to make the car more stock, anyways drove the car around for afew days and the revs bog down enough to notice around 4000-redline consistantly compared to the CAI.

At the end of the day, better off getting a sportivo or something engineered for more performance. ie:

turbo.jpg

Edited by rthy