Replacing Brake Disk Rotors on Camry altisse 2006 V6

red3

Hi,

Greetings!!!

I recently had my car serviced at Toyota Service Center and I was advised that the Brake Rotors and pads need to be replace in the next service which is after 10k kms. Also, i was quoted 400 for the pads and 700 for the rotors......are these prices reasonable?

Next question:

Are are any aftermarket brake pads/rotors that fits camry altisse 2006 V6? May i please request for your recommendation as well as an indication of the prices?

I search on the net and saw that Brembo brakes are good replacement, is there anything i need to know to determine which type of rotors as there are numerous choices there....

Also, if i decide to have a mechanic replace this instead of the toyota service center, will there be an issue? how much would it cost me to have a mechanic do this job?

Thank you in advance.

red3

Hi,

Greetings!!!

I recently had my car serviced at Toyota Service Center and I was advised that the Brake Rotors and pads need to be replace in the next service which is after 10k kms. Also, i was quoted 400 for the pads and 700 for the rotors......are these prices reasonable?

Next question:

Are are any aftermarket brake pads/rotors that fits camry altisse 2006 V6? May i please request for your recommendation as well as an indication of the prices?

I search on the net and saw that Brembo brakes are good replacement, is there anything i need to know to determine which type of rotors as there are numerous choices there....

Also, if i decide to have a mechanic replace this instead of the toyota service center, will there be an issue? how much would it cost me to have a mechanic do this job?

Thank you in advance.

red3

Any mechanic (including Toyota) will fit the equipment you provide; though Toyota won't if you need to modify anything.

DBA/RDA/PBR make suitable rotors that will be far cheaper than Toyota Genuine. You can buy DBA and RDA from GSL Rallysport (http://www.gslrallysport.com/). As for pads, I would recommend QFM HPX pads. Low dust and better braking than stock and reasonably priced (something like $89 per axle); also available from GSL Rallysport.

Unless you are thrashing it, don't bother with slotted/drilled rotors or track orientated pads.