Limp/crawl mode

Our other car is a Nissan Xtrail 2010 AWD auto petrol. Towing a 4 m pop top van the car went into limp mode. It appears that was related to electric brakes interfering with the computer. This has happened twice, this time in the middle of a 6 lane intersection. On researching the topic, it appears that lots of makes of cars rest this way. The only one we have't noticed are the Toyotas. Have any Toyota owners had this happen to their cars? We have had Toyota utes and 4wheel drives in the past.

Homer and Marge

• 2 years later...

Hi Homer & Marge, I am a 200 series Toyota owner & am having this trouble now.  On doing some research I have hit a brick wall.  The dealer doesn't know what is causing it, the auto electrician doesn't know what is causing it, he disconnected our breaking system & it is still doing it.  It happens both towing & not towing. It goes into limp mode & we have to pull over as 50km p/hr is dangerous in the country when trying to pass road trains.  Good luck, I haven't had much luck 

• Like 1