Mark II JZX110 Factory screen - Is it possible for Toyota Australia to install a new/english software?

build_jzx

Hi all,

As the topic suggests, I really want to convert my factory tv screen in the dash from a Japanese software to an aussie run thing. Does anyone know of a contact or if Toyota themselves can re-program it with a newer software? As there is a dvd drive in the glovebox for maps/navigation - im assuming you could almost upload an .ISO file to install a new one?

the tv doesn't run radio or anything like that. From what I can see, its in the car purely for maps and to adjust climate control etc etc. It has a few in built 'app like' things where if you live in japan you can save friends/family addresses and select them to automatically navigate your way around.

Problem is none of that crap works in Australia. Even the English version of it apparently comes through in Russian. So I want to completely wipe it and install it with a new age system of one of the cars of today. Any suggestions or cars with a system like this that supports HD tv, maps and climate control?

Radio will be separate below - double DIN screen.

Cheers,
Cameron

CIMG4339_zps0be18ab6.jpg

The biggest problem I reckon would be the climate control, things like TV/GPS etc can be pretty standard but the CC controls would be unique to Toyota, if not to the 110s

Try having a look at what the Z30 Soarer guys do with their EMV, I know there are converters out there to fix the TV and radio (the Soarer EMV runs both) at least, and English button stickers too

• Like 1