Curious about Runx X, S or Z badges

juju

Hi guys, Just new to the forums and new to the corolla scene. I currently own a 05 toyota runx ZZE122 and ive searched about in the forums, but i don't think theres much Runx's about by the looks of it.

So! my car has a S badge on it and ive seen X,S and Z badges on the Runx's and was wondering what they meant. But by looking at them here in NZ this is a pattern i see

Runx X = 1.5L FWD

Runx S = 1.8L FWD

Runx Z = 1.8L AWD

Could anyone please explain more about the badges and correct me if im wrong? Churs :D

Edited by juju

TRD Sports M= Not so much a grade, but a performance upgrade package for the Z Aero Tourer

Z Aero Tourer=Top of the line sports grade. Equipped with the 190PS 2ZZ-GE motor with a six-speed manual or four speed auto with steering wheel shift, as seen in the Celica & Toyota Voltz/ Pontiac Vibe. 2WD only. Pretty much the top spec model.

S= 1.8 1ZZ-FE. Available in 2WD or 4WD.

X Aero Tourer= 1.5 1NZ-FE powered model, Similar to the X-G-Edition but with the Z Aero Tourer bodykit, dark interior & silver interior trim.

X G-Edition= Luxury-spec with 1.5 1NZ-FE. Available in 2WD or 4WD. Gains Automatic climate control.

X HID Selection= 40th Anniversary special edition model with HID headlights, rear privacy glass, rear spoiler & vanity mirror as standard. Available in 2WD or 4WD.

X= Base grade powered by the 1.5 1NZ-FE (As seen in the Yaris/ VItz.). Available in 2WD or 4WD.

post-6385-0-55313300-1383384615_thumb.jp

post-6385-0-18335300-1383384633_thumb.jp

post-6385-0-04425700-1383384712_thumb.jp

post-6385-0-46158200-1383384988_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Oh Wow!!! Thank you so much :D

Whered u get all these informations from?? Had to look very hard all around to try get this information :D

Thanks very much

You're welcome. :)

Got my info mainly from collecting official jpeg brochure scans from Gazoo.com (Automotive web portal started by Toyota in the late 90s.), till they stopped somewhere around 2009 or 2010. Also from downloading automobile TV ads (The Japanese Toyota website used to have downloadable quicktime .mov TV ads, long before YouTube.), browsing various Japanese automotive websites & buying Japanese automobile magazines from Kinokuniya's Japanese section as a kid back in Malaysia,

Past brochures can now be viewed on http://www.toyota-catalog.jp/catalog/ (Link is in Japanese), though they exclude the special edition cars.