Shift Light Pinout

Northy

• 1 month later...

i have a sard shift lamp, it says in the instructions that it has 5 wires, the sift lamp itself has 3.

it has the power, ground and the vehicle tachometer signal source.

so do i hook up the vechile tachometre signal source to the rpm pin?

and what is IG power? is that the positive power source?

the instrustion says it has exrta wires which is the 'dash light circuit" is this missing wire needed or nah?

Edited by BanGn

IG power = '+' 12V supply

Gnd = ground or '-' supply

there are offen some wires not necessary but please read your instructions. if i am not wrong, cut RPM wire,

one wire (tach in) to the ECU Side RPM and the other wire (tach out) from the wiring loom side RPM.

hope this helps!! :)

there are offen some wires not necessary but please read your instructions. if i am not wrong, cut RPM wire,

one wire (tach in) to the ECU Side RPM and the other wire (tach out) from the wiring loom side RPM.

i dont get it, i know there are 3 wires from the shift lamp which 2 of those are power, then there is a 3rd wire - does that one just go into the rpm wire?

i dont understand the ecu side rpm n tach out thing... as theres only 1 spare wire...

• 6 months later...

i dont get it, i know there are 3 wires from the shift lamp which 2 of those are power, then there is a 3rd wire - does that one just go into the rpm wire?

i dont understand the ecu side rpm n tach out thing... as theres only 1 spare wire...

sorry i missed this mate the "spare" wire should go to the RPM on the ecu pinout.