1997 ln107 HiLux 4wd problems

Daniel78

This might be a bit of a silly question but is there supposed to be a 4wd indicator light come on when I press the 4wd button on the transfer shifter? I have it in high but when I press the 4wd button nothing seems to happen. I've also tried engaging it while slowly driving around in 1st with no luck

• 2 weeks later...

The indicator comes on when you’re doing the wrong thing with it, im new to my 1996 diesel but if you’ve selected 4wd and in the wrong configuration for it. Then it warns you. Not sure if I’m wrong there though I’m still learning the car.

D446800F-AB68-438F-ABED-77FD0D563567.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by SunnyTrails

Thank you!! I think I've solved the problem, the actual 4wd button missing the wires to the connector inside the shift boot so I just soldered in some new ones and it seems good. The only problem I have left is the latching mechanism inside the button. For some reason the button doesnt want to stay clicked in but some tape and a bottle cap have fixed the problem, atleast untill I find a replacement.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Daniel78 said:

Thank you!! I think I've solved the problem, the actual 4wd button missing the wires to the connector inside the shift boot so I just soldered in some new ones and it seems good. The only problem I have left is the latching mechanism inside the button. For some reason the button doesnt want to stay clicked in but some tape and a bottle cap have fixed the problem, atleast untill I find a replacement.

I’m glad I helped point in the right direction, if it’s electronic you can always re locate the button or switch until you get a new setup