My test Drive

69.NIX

I've taken to Aurion for a spin (SX6 Sportivo) and all I can say is, it goes like stink!

I test drove the car on wed (1/11/06) at Caslte Hill, great guys there.

The dash is out of this world, so easy to read and well lit up!.Seats are comfortable and supportive. Engine, well wot can I say. I couldn't hear it at 6,500rpm, but I felt the car move!, so it was doing it's job :D

The fact that it is a 6 speed tip-tronic may get the hardcore manual drivers thinking twice (me). Well BUGGER that, control and effortless changing is great!, and you can knock it down 2 gears, plant it, and the reaction time is v fast!

overall interior layout is good and the new smell wasn't overpowering (21kn on the clock when i hoped in). also, the build quality is top notch (well duh, it's toyota :P) aircon is good ol' toyota aircon, bloody cold bloody quick! (useful in australia)

Sound system is average (well compared to mine) but with an upgrade in speakers to something after-market, might get it out of its hole.

Exterior styling, well it looks like a lexus (funny that) but from the front i can tell its a car that has some balls behind the looks. I think it should come with 17" alloys across the range with some low-profile tyres, make it look a meaner and lower it a tad.

Engine bay, big and phat. there is is HUGE silver plastic cover over the engine to tell the owner that there car has a 3.5L Dual VVTI Quad cam Engine and its a Toyota (um duh), otherwise, pretty neat, nice big airbox (dunno how one who get a TRD CAI in there, but give it time :P)

In summary, the Aurion is great car. Well Built, Good Features and priced well to compete with holden / ford

The salesman claim that the they plan convert 80% of all the holden / ford people to the Aurion. That is a big claim and i dunno how that would work. i would like to think if the holden / ford fans did some ral hunting around at wot is out on teh market, they will be swayed, but 80% is a bit bigger number. maybe round 30-40% is a more realistic figure.