Oil Cooler...

DuGong

ive been searching for oil coolers lately for the rolla...

im not sure how to approach the idea of installing a oil cooler. should i get it or not...

i dont noe wat to choose... and where to place it.. im goin from the just jap catalogue...

also..

wat type of oil filter do we use? who has one?

thanks

i was thinking on the lines of this

6-Pap_0192.jpg

ive been searching for oil coolers lately for the rolla...

im not sure how to approach the idea of installing a oil cooler. should i get it or not...

i dont noe wat to choose... and where to place it.. im goin from the just jap catalogue...

also..

wat type of oil filter do we use? who has one?

thanks

i was thinking on the lines of this

6-Pap_0192.jpg

are you planning on doing heavy track work? if not there is no need for an oil cooler....

well....

the car pretty much sees the red regularly every day. goes on a 10min non stop thrash.....

i just cant get enough of booting here and there...

i would love to track it.. but im waiting for some new tyres, pads and disc... maybe if im lucky, some rims...

would like the internals last a bit longer...

Edited by DuGong

Just buy Earl's stuff if you want the best. But if you want to do it cheaper there is nothing wrong with going to the wreckers and using an OEM cooler. But you will have to use rubber lines with them and buy a sandwich adapter. Just don't buy a cooler that has the tube snaking through it, you would be better off with nothing.

As for the filter it depends upon the kit. The GReddy sandwich adapter uses a early 90's corolla filter, I haven't bothered to check if that is the same as the current rolla. But the advantage of the GReddy item is being about to connect a temp and pressure sender easily to the adapter. I'm using a Perma Cool filter relocation kit and I use a Ford filter for that one. But I'm going to change it all to Earl's in the near future.

As for mounting it, my cooler is placed in the same spot as that picture. I have a guide done up, but didn't post it since it was too complicated to follow over the net. But the section where the cooler is mounted is pretty straight forward if you want that in the workshop.